1/4 oz gold Canadian Maple Leaf

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
So I made a pretty cool find today. Pulled a 2017 1/4 oz Gold Canadian Maple Leaf in the external reject tray today while dumping. This actually is the 2nd gold coin we've found while CRH'ing and the 3rd gold piece (also found a gold pendant in an internal reject chute a couple of years ago). This brings us a lot closer to one of our CRH goals, that is to find 1 oz gold total. I got $38 into the dump and one of the bags filled up. I was stoked because these machines also have an internal reject bin. Unfortunately the tray wasn't full of the rest of the roll. Nothing of note on the internal tray. Amazing, also found a 1909 wheatie in a different external reject tray. Seems like I've been finding a lot of reject tray wheaties lately. Nearly got skunked on pennies otherwise today, pulled a lone 1919 Buffalo form nickels and was then skunked on dimes and quarters. Oh well, 1/4 oz of gold makes up for quite a few skunk rolls.

I know a lot of people have found gold. Has anyone found a larger gold coin CRH'ing?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4567.JPG
    IMG_4567.JPG
    779.5 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_4568.JPG
    IMG_4568.JPG
    748 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_4569.JPG
    IMG_4569.JPG
    764.3 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 0