Buffalo Nickel purchase prices

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone,
It has been quite a while. I was looking around and saw some familiar names. It made me happy to see you guys still having some success!

I have a quick question. My daughter is presenting to her girl scout troop about coin collecting. We were hoping to talk about some types of collections (old, rare, foreign, etc). Then we were going to show some different things (we bought foreign coins with two metals, holes in the middle, tiny, large, hexagon, golden, etc) so they can see varieties. Then we were going to let the kids "hunt" a penny roll and try to find a wheat penny in each (we would seed the rolls). Finally, we wanted to give them an undated buffalo to have a second old coin to start a "collection". I've already spent about $30 and I'm a bit surprised at the price of undated buffs. Have they gone up, or is my memory failing? I thought common wheats were 3-4 cents a piece and buffaloes were under $0.25.

Am I crazy? If not, can anyone point me to a source for 15 buffaloes, where shipping won't kill me? Any guidance would be appreciated! Thanks everyone.

Upvote 0

dash4cash

Apr 9, 2018
Saukville, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Garrett AT max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
from what I have seen common buffalo nickels in good to very good are running 40 to 60 cents each, hope that helps.

Carl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions