They're not ALL bad

jr98119

Sep 21, 2011
The Paris of Appalachia
Detector(s) used
bare hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Walked into a bank to make a business deposit about an hour ago. While waiting on line, I noticed that one of the 2 tellers had a huge number of cwr of nickles on his desk and was busy counting them, and the rolls looked really old. The other teller called me over and, while she was taking care of my deposit, I asked the first teller if the customer left any rolls of halves. He shook his head, but then my teller piped up "I have four dollars worth and one of them is silver." I told her that I'd take them all, and walked out with one 1968D. The first teller also had 2 rolls of quarters which looked as old as the nickles, so I took those but haven't yet opened them. Moral of this story - some tellers know that they have silver and don't care.

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Not all tellers are interested in coins or silver as we CRH's are.

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not all tellers are interested in coins or silver as we CRH's are.

I know a few tellers like this, netted me some really nice scores this year.

They just tell me straight up they don't care, don't want to take their work home with the them

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife use to be a teller. To her, bills and coins were nothing but dirty and nasty, she hated to touch it, didn’t want to see it outside of work after touching all day long. Maybe that’s why she spends it faster then I can earn it? [emoji23]

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My daughter is a teller now but doesn't give a hoot about checking for silver. She has gotten one 5 bill with red thread running through it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread