TD bank settlement

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did anyone get any money from the penny arcade settlement? I got $120 but had no idea I was getting money or part of a settlement. It’s nice to get some cash but I would rather have the penny arcade back. Just a FYI I had nothing to do with the complaints about penny arcade and I wish it never happened. It was such a convenience for coin roll hunters . Any way HH

Upvote 0

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So was it put in your account, or did they sent you a payment?

OP
OP
M

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They put it in my account. If you do not have a TD bank account any longer they will send it to a paypal account or mail you a check

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Damn. I only used the Penny Arcade for cents. I had bag drop off service for my halves at another bank. And I never dumped dimes with Penny as there were horror stories of dimes being counted as cents. With only doing cents, I probably don't meet whatever threshold to qualify for any settlement funds.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received a payment as well from 10 years of using penny arcade. I would have loved to see that printout. I'd rather have the machines back then the payment though.

Last edited:

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have yet to be compensated. No amount Mountainman? I respect your privacy if it is an issue.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have yet to be compensated. No amount Mountainman? I respect your privacy if it is an issue.

Not an issue. $1021.47. I had a system using bags for the halves so that's mostly for the smaller denominations.

Last edited:

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got $635 but I would rather have the machine back. Thanks a lot to the Jackass in NY city who filed the law suits.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$397.

Was surprised it was that high since I did most of my CRH dumping through my son's young savers account. But we never received a settlement notification last year regarding his account, so I don't think we'll get a refund for that account.

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So is the settlement for people that used Penny and got cash or who used Penny and deposited to their accounts?

JobIII

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both. Just for anyone that used the machines, regardless of what you chose to do with the funds.

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do any of the members here who got settlement checks actually feel like they were shorted in the past when using the penny arcade? Do you think you're even now or are you coming out of this on top?

OP
OP
M

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say I got shorted a few times maybe a couple dollars or less. I can tell that there was a few times that I received around or more than a $100 more than I dumped do to a person not letting the machine finish counting there coins. But there’s nothing you can do about that except enjoy the rewards. I remember one time I dumped 1 box of dimes and the coin chute was packed with dirty quarters. Wound up getting $396 instead of the $250. But again that’s human error and the person that dumped that coin should have been more careful.

Last edited:

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've come out ahead more than I've been shorted, most likely due to people who don't know any better using the machines.

One time and entire box of dimes was counted as cents, but they opened the machine and saw all the dimes in the cent bag and gave me the $250 instead of the $25 that the ticket printed.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Got mine today $585.72 Def should have been higher from my estimation. Id much rather have the machines back though

OP
OP
M

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got mine today $585.72 Def should have been higher from my estimation. Id much rather have the machines back though

I was thinking the same thing. I can care less and would also rather have the machines back but according to their math I should have got triple what I did get. I did get two deposits a couple days apart though so maybe there is more to come. Either way I don’t care.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread