100,000 Lincoln Cents

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Just finished sorting through my 100,000th cent since I started 3-15-18. Since then, I've kept about 1800 cents, found 332 wheats, 252 canadian, 3 from other countries and fortunate enough to find 5 Indian Heads. Have averaged 26.93% copper, with bags ranging from 23.6% to one at 41.36% (I'm assuming old hoarde, as some were lacquered. Yielded more S mint marks and canadians than any bag I had done, though about 1/2 the wheats). I must say, cents are much more interesting to sort through I think, just due to the variety. I still want to find my first Buffalo Nickel, but nickels are too uniform, they lack "personality". To that end, my buddy was nice enough to take some pics I had taken and throw this together, thought it was pretty cool...

Penny10x10.jpg

Upvote 0

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Did ya just run out of stuff to do?:laughing7: kidding.

OP
OP
R

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually, I found myself unemployed, and could only job hunt so much in a day before getting annoyed/bummed, but didn't have money for a hobby. We were cleaning out some stuff in my parent's house, found our childhood coin collections, had a bunch of pennies in a baggie, I wasn't sure why, started sorting them and noticed there were two for each year, the P/D ones. We combined our state quarters collection, had a bunch of doubles, so I used those to buy a few penny rolls from the bank. I got 8 from the teller figuring I could find a few of the years/mint marks I was missing for the memorials, and pulled an 1888 Indian Head in the 4th roll. Pretty much got me hooked... Fortunately I found a job since then so will be scaling back, but definitely found a hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread