Added to my bank roll unexpectedly

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
One of my dump banks called me yesterday to tell me there was I difference in the count of one of the boxes I exchanged last week. They send them off to Loomis. I was expecting her to tell me it was short but she said it was $8.60 over.
$8.60? It was a box of halves. I know it was no over OR under. I told her that I thought that was wrong. She said that they had already credited my account. It turned a skunk box into a winner.

Upvote 0

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometimes you gotta go with the flow! Especially after you tried to correct them.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
It’s like finding a 90 & a 40 in an otherwise skunky box. Nice work.

I once had a similar occurrence but they credited me over $700. I fought them for two weeks and finally relented when they said “if it’s not yours then we don’t who’s it is. It has to go somewhere, just take the money”.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man my bank just takes my money, you musta needed a karma balance in life.

ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s like finding a 90 & a 40 in an otherwise skunky box. Nice work.

I once had a similar occurrence but they credited me over $700. I fought them for two weeks and finally relented when they said “if it’s not yours then we don’t who’s it is. It has to go somewhere, just take the money”.

Wish that would happen to me.......

bertmaster2000

Dec 19, 2013
Northern US
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This happened to me once, but with Brinks. I deposited halves in bags, and I know I kept about 3 rolls worth of coins. Brinks reported to the bank each bag was $500...Other times I’ve been shorted a few dollars, so it evens out over time.

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
I turned in 2 $500 bags of halves once and got the report from the branch manager that one bag was short by.15 cents? I said lets think about this for a second, the bag only contained half dollar coins, she said right, so how do we short out by .15 cents? She said yea, that sounds strange, I'm going to credit you the .15 cents. That was the right move.....

This happened to me once, but with Brinks. I deposited halves in bags, and I know I kept about 3 rolls worth of coins. Brinks reported to the bank each bag was $500...Other times I’ve been shorted a few dollars, so it evens out over time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread