Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friday I took the day off CRH to go detecting and scored a permission from a contractor who was flipping a property. I got a Barber and a small sterling pendant. After the hunt I decided to hit the local bank. This bank has never been good to me so I was luke warm but perseverance pays. Just as I hit the parking lot a friend called to see if I wanted to join her for lunch. I left without going in and we got a cheese steak. The young cashier hands me my change and I immediately spot a silver dime. I ask her if there are any more shiny dimes like this if I could trade the other one for a more shiny one. She effortlessly picks one off the top of her coin tray. I ask if I could give her a dollar for some more dimes. The other cashier chimes in about how she's a coin collector and has wheat cents and Buffaloes etc. My cashier does me one better and dumps the bulk of the dimes from the register on the counter and allows me to pick through them. I picked out 8 more silvers right in front of the other girl as she's telling me about her coins. I asked if they had any rolls and where they did their banking but they said the manager handles all that.
I went back for another cheesesteak on Monday and the manager was less friendly and less helpful but eventually let me know which bank they get their change from. Ironically it was the bank I was at on Friday. I went and asked if they had any change nickels dimes quarters, halves. It was all fresh from that Monday everything from the previous week was gone but I did pick up three more silver dimes from the Monday rolls. I suspect full rolls went to the local businesses and are washing up in re rolled change coming in. I definitely missed at least one full roll juging the denisty of silver in the register but maximized the score as much as I could and I'll hawk that bank for a bit to be sure. Perseverance pays.

Attachments

• IMG_20180420_215105163.jpg
    IMG_20180420_215105163.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 104
Upvote 0

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro