Running out of DUMP BANKS

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that most of my banks have either removed their coin counting lobby machines,and have gone to accepting CWR's, I have filled their vaults with boxes of wrapped dime rolls. Some of them have asked to hold off bringing anymore in until they have used up what they have. They appreciate that I have saved them$ on ordering dimes.
This will slow down my hunting season to only what the banks that have open lobby machines where I can TAKE A DUMP.
Need to find more banks with machines to help my obsessed CRH HABIT.

Upvote 0

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
I have two different banks I use, one for ordering only, one for dumping. The dump bank has 5 locations, actually 6 but the sixth is in a grocery store and very small so i don't give them boxes, only loose rolls of halves. I order 2 boxes of halves every week and dump every week at one location, then the next the next week and so on. I get into each branch every 5 weeks, or less if I happen to be driving way out of my area, I dump while there in the branch of the dump bank. This way I never over load any one branch and the tellers are OK with my visits. There are NO coin machines anywhere near me, other than Coin Star that takes 10%, so they get nothing from me.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Dozer, have you checked or called around to see if any banks have bag services? At least 2 of the banks in my area do. One provides the bags, but you have to wait until the armored car service counts them before your account gets credited. The other bank offers immediate credit for full or half full bags, but you have to purchase your own Coinlok bags, and they MUST be accurate. Both banks I found had this service only after calling and asking. In one case I had to call 3 branches of the same bank because the tellers either didn't know or didn't want to admit it.

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
Now that most of my banks have either removed their coin counting lobby machines,and have gone to accepting CWR's, I have filled their vaults with boxes of wrapped dime rolls. Some of them have asked to hold off bringing anymore in until they have used up what they have. They appreciate that I have saved them$ on ordering dimes.
This will slow down my hunting season to only what the banks that have open lobby machines where I can TAKE A DUMP.
Need to find more banks with machines to help my obsessed CRH HABIT.

We don’t have coin machines where I am. Except coin star. But I don’t want to pay 10%, and I don’t want an amazon card.
So I re roll and take it to a different bank.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
B of A is my new dump bank. They do the coinloc bags and credit the acct rather quickly (thus far). I was heart broken to learn my fav dump bank is closing their doors June 17th. We had a great run and they got rid of everything I brought them like clockwork and never a single complaint and nice as pie. I would come in an hour before the courier and it was all too convenient. I may convert the nearest branch that has been unproductive for 2+ yrs into a dump bank but they hem and haw when I used to ask for coins and I know they'll throw a fit when I start bringing them coins. They have a resident sniper anyway and a big coin vault. Its a constant tweeking process but I know you'll find a solution.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Tommy is spot on. You have to constantly tweak the process. If you can learn the day the courier comes and drop off the bags the at day, you usually have just a few days to wait for your account to get credited. Of course, finding a bank that gives you instant credit is preferred.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
For two years I dumped loose dimes at my CU, $500 bags and I never counted so don’t know if they were over or under. Never once had an issue. The vault teller told me the courier allowed plus or minus 3% on the count, or weight. The other banks all had couriers and would ship out their excess coin all the time.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I dread coin machines going away, if I couldn't dump in a machine I would stop CRH, at least getting boxes. Right now I have 20 banks with machines where I rotate my dumps

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I dread coin machines going away, if I couldn't dump in a machine I would stop CRH, at least getting boxes.

That's what I said right up until they took my coin machines away. Took awhile to refine my new system, but believe it or not I prefer it over coin machines. It saves me easily an hour per week.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Just got back from one of my dump banks, they told me that as of July 1st no more halves in the machines, they said too many people used them to dump. So I said I will have to roll, they said they won't accept rolls or even loose halves anymore. At least they only have 3 branches and I still have 15 other banks with machines. I had heard that one person was dumping $5,000 worth a week.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Ask if they'll let you dump a certain amount, say $500 once or twice a month. If you build your rep with them, they may but you a break as long as you show you're not one of the troublemakers

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
The interesting thing is at that bank I only dump about $400 in halves once every 3 months as I try to rotate banks.

They also seem angry at anyone who brings in coinage, they won't accept rolled coins and don't want loose. I think I found a place for when I do dimes!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions