Found gold again, but no silver, an old Canadian and the keyest of key Jefferson's!!!

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Went out this morning for a CWR roll run. Picked up just over a box of Pennies, nearly 2 boxes of nickels, over a box of dimes, plus $100 in quarters and $100 in halves. Also dumped at two different banks. At the first bank I pulled a gold ring / band out of the internal reject bin. My 4th gold from CRH'ing, and the 2nd in the last month or so. It's 14K and weighs about 0.09 troy oz.

The coins were almost completely a skunk. No silver, no buffalo's, nothing. I find 13 wheats including a '17-D which is a very high total for me. In there also found a 1933 Canadian penny which is super cool. I've found nickels with the same obverse design, but this is my first older Canadian penny.

Then out of the nickels popped a 1950 face up. Funny this is, I called my shot. It was in way better condition than an average 1950 and I surmised that it must have been out of circulation for a long time. I was extremely confident it was going to be my first 1950-D. I called the wife and kids over and had them flip it over and sure enough, 1950-D!!!!! Now I just need the 1943-D to complete my circulation Jefferson set.

Upvote 0

rcs

Mar 15, 2017
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! I pulled my '50-D last week. Mine is not in the great condition yours sounds to be though.

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your 50D!

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Thank everyone. The '50-D has 2 steps so it's in better shape than an average circulated nickel of similar age.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I don't know how you guys are getting the dirt cup. I have a great relationship with the supermarkets but dang their eyes glaze over and they run away if I try to get at it.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only Jefferson I have not found from circulation was the 50-D, although I have found several counterfeits.

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the 50D. I thought I had one but it turned out to be a 60D. One of my most hated nickels to find. My eye sight isn’t as good as it use to be so I always think it’s a 50D until I get out the magnifying glass.....lol. I did get my first dirt cup last week, a few dollars in coins and a transit token from the 30’s. Worth a few bucks, but definitely no gold like you find.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
The only Jefferson I have not found from circulation was the 50-D, although I have found several counterfeits.
Awhile back I found a ‘59-d that someone modified to remove the tail off the 9. I thought it was cool and kept it.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awhile back I found a ‘59-d that someone modified to remove the tail off the 9. I thought it was cool and kept it.

Those are the ones I've seen too, with varying skill/technique at removing the bottom of the 9.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread