Hunting Quarters for 1 year

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
I’ve decided to hunt quarters for silver. Even though halves are better. There is just something about finding a silver quarter in circulation.
I know they are more scarce. But I’m interested to see how many I can pull in 1 years time.
From June 2018 to June 2019 I’m going to see how many I can pull. I will post results and how much I search through. Wish me luck! :))))

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
So would a loose coin in a teller tray count? How about a coin in a counter inside a bank?

For my own spreadsheets, I track coins from teller trays but not counting machines. One of the things I track is how many silvers I find per dollars searched. I guess I don't consider coins "found" in reject bins as being targeted for searching, whereas I frequently ask for loose halves that may or may not have silver, so it's still targetable and trackable.

Just my personal preference though. To each his own.

To each his own though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hughmaster10

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
For my own spreadsheets, I track coins from teller trays but not counting machines. One of the things I track is how many silvers I find per dollars searched. I guess I don't consider coins "found" in reject bins as being targeted for searching, whereas I frequently ask for loose halves that may or may not have silver, so it's still targetable and trackable.

Just my personal preference though. To each his own.

To each his own though.

I guess the whole concept of “coin ROLL hunting” defines what it is right in the phrase.
Coins that you find in a roll. Makes perfect sense

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess the whole concept of “coin ROLL hunting” defines what it is right in the phrase.
Coins that you find in a roll. Makes perfect sense

I was thinking about that the other day though... I search bags. My bank prefers I do bags to rolls or boxes, less waste and hassle. So, I do don't technically hunt rolls. Maybe just "coin hunting" in general, that covers rolls, bags, spare change, coinstars, etc...

OP
OP
hughmaster10

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
I was thinking about that the other day though... I search bags. My bank prefers I do bags to rolls or boxes, less waste and hassle. So, I do don't technically hunt rolls. Maybe just "coin hunting" in general, that covers rolls, bags, spare change, coinstars, etc...

This is true also

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck to you!!!!!!!

lukenlow

Aug 23, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With pleasure I will follow the development of events, it is going to be interesting, good luck!

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I am currently not working. So my funds for CRH are unavailable. I haven’t hunted anything since the last post. Not sure if or when I’ll be able to do anymore

Looks like you're having better luck hunting at thrift stores. Not that I blame you.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a long road

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread