cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had 2 firsts this weekend and got another foreign coin and a car wash token.

1) I got six boxes of halves on Friday and Saturday. Usually I only get 2 (max 3) I got 38 keepers from all of those. 34 were 40% and 4 were 90%.

But those were 3 Franklin's and 1 walking liberty ;D (no JFK, strange but no complaints)

2) My other first was that my blue permanent marker ran dry. It marked the edges of about 107,000 half dollars :o I now use a green marker. I wonder how long it will be till I start seeing them back?

About 5 weeks ago I got $1000 in BU 2001 halves and I saw 20-30 of them again this weekend.

I also have a new competitor in my area (or some coins were brought in from another area) This guy/gal lines up the coins in a row and spray paints about half the edge with red paint. First I thought it was a red marker but a bent coin had overspray on JFK. About 10% of this weekends coins were marked this way.

Any body do this? Just curious where they came from.

The foreign coin was a 50P from England probably worth 80 cents. It cost me 50 cents. I will just save it for my next trip. The carwash token was real thin and a bit smaller than a half. It was an extra coin in that roll. (very generic)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread