Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got three of the new silver dollars with the walking liberty design, a 1925 silver dollar, four silver dimes and 72 40 and 90% halves. The most interesting to me is the Peace dollar and a 1893 Columbia expo half. After puttering around with gifts, lunch etc. I think I am just going to give the two tellers $20 each for lunch in a card. I have been bugging them for two and a half years since the long gone tellers at this branch gave me a Morgan and a Peace dollar and they finally called with a nice load. I had to work them hard to get the last bit which was 3 rolls of 40% and a dime roll with 4 silvers in it that were in the vault. I have been scooped many many times at this branch in the meantime and just keep going and leaving my number. To not get scooped I need to do something big for them. I normally get bottles of wine, six packs, a bag of tangerines or candy assortment for tellers that hook me up but these guys are tough to shop for. Thoughts? I'll try n do some pics too. I know we like pics. I just get worried about the location setting in the metadata. I am not too technosavvy.

Upvote 0

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
LOL six-packs! Hey, whatever works! Recommend gift cards rather than cash however as it may be perceived as more appreciation than bribe.

bertmaster2000

Dec 19, 2013
Northern US
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gift cards are appropriate, but I don’t make a big deal when I slide one across the counter in order to avoid giving anyone the perception bribery has occurred.

srcdco

Dec 11, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Nox-800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple times a year, I take treats to the banks that help me out. Last Friday, I took them a 40-count box of Timbits (for those not in Canada or nearby, those are doughnut holes from Tim Horton's). Around Christmas, I give them a big box of York peppermint patties (they love them!) from BJ's. By doing that, they can all share in the goodies and it doesn't look like I'm favoring any one teller. Plus, the managers get some, too, and that PR never hurts.

Scott

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wowzors that's a lot of silver! Even a few American eagles it sounds like. Your persistence has paid off big time!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions