Guess who’s back? ~Coincrazed~!!!! With scores!

Coincrazed

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I have been inactive in this hobby for 7 years...... I quit when Silver dried up around 2011. During my hiatus I would always keep my eye out for Half Dollar Rolls and Large Dollars, and I hit a few random finds the past few years.

Now, what with having more available funds, I decided to start up again.

So today I went on a road trip, I hit at least 15 banks, opened a few accounts, and inquired all over my area as to ordering halves. Most places straight up told me no and that they don’t want to order, but I was able to find 3 banks that are willing to, so far.

A cool teller at one of the branches asked me what I’m looking for, and asked if I like wheat pennies. I told her I did, and she told me she had 4 rolls, which I gladly bought. All 4 solid wheats with a few older dates too.

In other news, I also searched 5 boxes of Dimes on this road trip. Perhaps the worst batch of boxes I have ever gotten. I pulled a Single 1959 Silver Rosie from the last box. I guess the wheats made it not not too bad for my first time in 7 years!

John,
CC

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome back to the TN & the CRH hobby. Now start stacking again.

twizzlerlord

Greenie
Jun 19, 2017
Acworth, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett "Carrot"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What are the names of the banks that said they would order some halves?

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back CC. Good luck with the half dollar boxes.

OP
OP
Coincrazed

Coincrazed

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
What are the names of the banks that said they would order some halves?
Whether or not a bank will order halves has more to do with the individual branch than bank as a whole. I have branches that will and some that won’t. One bank even told me if I wanted to order Dime Boxes weekly, I would have to pay $5 per box. They are now one of my dump banks. So I t’s not dependent on the bank, it’s the managers and if they are willing to.
Also, not to sound rude, but I’m not comfortable disclosing my pickup banks anyway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread