Gonna break even!

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, least I'll break even on the bags I got!

20180720_205557.jpg

5 quarters, a dime, and a nickel. Pulled 9 cents stuck to nickels and a quarter out of my nickel bag too. May need to mention it to my bank Monday, if the machine needs work...

Upvote 0

bertmaster2000

Dec 19, 2013
Northern US
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, do not mention this to your bank! You risk them no longer selling you bags because the machine total coin count is clearly wrong for each bag. You have more to gain having a coin counting machine that isn’t perfect...Silver will not be rejected. Best to you

Dannycoco

Jun 2, 2016
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a bag of halves a while ago that had over $10 in quarters, dimes and nickels in it. I reported it to the bank and they told the company that services the machine. The calibration was way off and they thanked me for reporting it. They still sell me bags whenever they get full.

OP
OP
R

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, definitely going to tell them. I'm keeping track of what I'd be over or under if they were counted vs just thrown in. I know when they "top off" a bag, they have to take out a few coins, so maybe someone threw those in the wrong bag, but to have that many in a bag makes me doubt it. I had 9 cents and a quarter in one of my nickel bags, and 10 quarters, 2 dimes, and a nickel in this bag... I've already told them when the #'s were off just from counting (costing me $50 or so and saving someone's job probably) so may as well continue my honesty. With my luck I'll have to hold off on more coins before they fix it or something and this'll bite me in the bum, but...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread