Rest of the Nickels

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, took everyone's advice and "bought them all" when I exchanged my coins-5 bags of nickels. I knew 2 would be my dumps from before, but what the hey, had nothing better to do. So, essentially in 3 bags, I was able to find:

The other colorized (damaged:-p) nickel:
S20180807_0008.jpg

The other 3 gold plated ones:
S20180807_0009.jpg S20180807_0010.jpg S20180807_0011.jpg

Completing both of those sets. Also pulled 2 more war nickels-45S/43P:
S20180807_0003.jpg S20180807_0004.jpg

Another one from Great Britain:
S20180807_0001.jpg S20180807_0002.jpg

And my 6th proof, 1973S:
S20180807_0005.jpg S20180807_0006.jpg S20180807_0007.jpg

Day off tomorrow, see what I can scrounge up! Happy hunting everyone!

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Rosco: that's why it's wise not to dump at the same bank that you also get bags, certainly you will get your own dump all the time. Unless it's a different denom coin. Since you have no problem getting bags there, suggest go dump elsewhere.

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rosco: that's why it's wise not to dump at the same bank that you also get bags, certainly you will get your own dump all the time. Unless it's a different denom coin. Since you have no problem getting bags there, suggest go dump elsewhere.

Good advice here... I made a rookie mistake years ago and got cut off from buying bags. Buying halves and dumping dimes.... Shut me down real quick

OP
OP
R

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other

I think I'm extremely fortunate on that end. Sadly, with work now, I only really get to exchange once, maybe twice a week. Get enough to last a week and then drop them off prior to them going out, and I do cycle denominations as well. But with this, my bank tellers make it a point to set aside the ones I've done already, and my bank manager is pretty cool about me doing this as well. Helps being in a small town too, she knows my parents and I'm related to at least one of the tellers... *hears banjoes in the background* I knew I'd get my dumps by getting more nickels, but wanted to try to find the rest of those colorized/gold plated ones if possible, so thats why I got all 5. So far I've only gotten my old coins inadvertently 3 times, and given the # of bags I've gone through, can't really complain about that. Bit more systematic now, so lowering those possibilities. I figure over-thinking this is easier than finding another bank, having an account, managing that, the ATMs and whatnot...

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I often dump rolled dimes and ask for halves. I dump halves and ask for nothing but my cash. I only dump dimes where I am in really good with the staff and not often but I sometimes do $100 in dimes toward my box. No problem in 3 years but I always ask if they mind and if they even joke that they do I take the dimes with me and give them cash. There are exceptions to the rules but stick to the rules until you got them ingrained in you. Definitely don't exchange bags of this for bags of that. Its so confusing you are confusing yourself lol. I don't need any help being confused.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread