Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturday I was helping a friend move and missed the text from a branch that I haven't heard from in years. They FINALLY got some halves in. The tellers text said " I got $100 in halves just now, are you interested?" I missed the call at 11:00. Called back at 12:00... They close at noon. Drat. No answer. I left a message that I would be there Monday at noon. Finally got a text back, it said " Ok see you then. Its now $76 and I have a Buffalo nickel for you."
My heart exsanguinated as I realized I had been killed by a sniper. It haunted my dreams but I tried to remain optimistic between cursing fits.
That morning I asked if she wanted me to pick up anything for her for lunch and called the branch across the street. Good news, they have $200 for me. They have been pretty skunky since the new girl started a few months back. Coincidence? I hope so but think not. At any rate my goal was to not get skunked so I hit up a few more banks and grabbed $300 from six different branches while liberally sprinkling out handfuls of chocolates and cheer. I threw the $200 in my bag and went to my destination.
The $75 was loose in a dime box. Bad sign. The " buffalo nickel was a misidentified 2005. WTF? I slid big handfuls of chocolate to all the tellers. I opened the lid and saw,.. trash. Nothing shining out at me. I said as much, I couldn't help it. " Looks like I missed anything good. I wonder how the other $25 looked. "
" Well you can always bring them back if you don't like them." I should have just left them there but I left my pride instead and went out to the parking lot for a closer inspection. Still trash. I looked through the $200. Trash. I looked through roll after roll of dimes. Trash. August sucks. Don't go to the bank, go to the beach. I guess I am just burned out. I hit the coinstar for a 1946 dime and cursed all the way to the dumping grounds. At least I didn't get skunked but man are things tough out here. Sorry had to vent. Good luck and happy hunting. Don't get yourself in the crosshairs.

Upvote 0

CTRollHunter

Mar 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh, I think I am your sniper...where was this? Were the halves wrapped? I didn't wrap mine

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Venting is good. I haven't even tried lately. Except for the two scores a couple years ago, it's been deadsville around here. I get some silvers and wheaties in change these days. I think the millennials who know everything are spending their grandparent's collections.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread