Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we go again...

I know what you mean but this is not a hit and run poster. He has been a member for almost 10 years and has almost 250 posts.
My pet peeve is when they join and make one post (trying to push something) on the same date, then you don't hear from them again.

OP
OP
CoinHELP!

CoinHELP!

Aug 9, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10 years, my man. 10 years. This guy has been posting this same kind of stuff for 10 years..... :BangHead:

Couldn't be further from the truth, but that's alright.

I've been spending the last few years continuing to build my website (CoinHELP), and grow my Facebook groups, founding and running a full time coin shop in my home town.

I begin Youtube to help more people, and gain a better reach. We have a large problem in numismatics with all the fraud, counterfeits and misinformation. People walk into my shop daily with "I saw on Google it was worth...." or "I saw where someone said this was a rare error".

If you actually search my post you will see that I attempt to help people, it is my passion and I do it full time. It is a losing battle but I will continue providing information to help people.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
It is interesting that you say you try to help people, but I never see you offering help to those who have questions. Your pattern is always to drop a YouTube clip and drive traffic on views. Seeing you leave comments answering others questions will be a first. But carry on stating that your motives are altruistic and we will continue to call you out until proven otherwise. Want to be a valued member helping others? Drop the YouTube "help" and start with typing out legitimate answers to others questions.

OP
OP
CoinHELP!

CoinHELP!

Aug 9, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First time posting in another forum for years and I use to help a lot here when I could. Now I use other means to reach collectors, and plug my content once in a great while. I have Facebook groups and a forum on my website with thousands of members. I help as many people as I can but I don't limit my posting to typing in a single forum. Numismatics is a much bigger world than a forum, but forums and blogs are a great way to reach more collectors and interested people in general.

I am involved in all areas of the web helping collectors. You just don't know me or what I do and I understand you have made this your little world or territory. I have no issue with that. I am just not limited to a couple websites.

My pattern? I have never dropped a youtube video in this forum until today. You must be mistaken me for someone else.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
First time posting in another forum for years and I use to help a lot here when I could. Now I use other means to reach collectors, and plug my content once in a great while.

My pattern? I have never dropped a youtube video in this forum until today. You must be mistaken me for someone else.

True enough, and reviewing past posts surely does show a pattern of giving good information in years past.

No offense to you personally; as Cyberdan noted, we've been deluged recently with video drama. I was just sitting back to watch more of the same unfold.

:happy1:

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to let you all know but I was the one who found that 1st coin he mentioned. Just to clarify though, it wasn't found in a bank box. I had picked up $10 in loose rolls from each of 5 different branches on the way home from work that day. When i spotted it, i was yelling so loud with excitement, my wife thought i lost my mind. Oh the good old days.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to let you all know but I was the one who found that 1st coin he mentioned. Just to clarify though, it wasn't found in a bank box. I had picked up $10 in loose rolls from each of 5 different branches on the way home from work that day. When i spotted it, i was yelling so loud with excitement, my wife thought i lost my mind. Oh the good old days.

I remember that. I was super happy for you and a tad bit envious. That was when I was a regular CRHer. Now I’m just a lurker again... sigh...

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep up the good work CoinHelp! You just cant please some people who think the hobby should be kept secret.

OP
OP
CoinHELP!

CoinHELP!

Aug 9, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the kind words, my intent is always to help and I use several means to do so. I understand my video is a click bait type to grab attention, but this is not the only type of video I am doing. Most are about facts and warnings on the hobby and how to avoid issues, but to be effective you have to grab attention.

Honestly I could have posted this at Collectors Universe, Coin Talk, etc. but I chose this forum because it has more than just coin collectors and that is usually who fraud is targeted at. Plus I have enjoyed reading the MD forums for years, more as a lurker than anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread