Where’s the rest of your collection?

da1984

Apr 3, 2009
Four (4) boxes today. Someone apparently decided that these BU 64s and other miscellaneous silvers should be in circulation. I could not abide. They were spread out over 3 of the boxes, so I’m guessing there might have been more. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1537583613.932119.jpg

Upvote 0

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow those 64s are nice. I had this happen once in a box. I found 11 beautiful 64s in one roll and nothing in the rest of the box. It was strange but that happens sometimes.

OP
OP
da1984

da1984

Apr 3, 2009
Wow those 64s are nice. I had this happen once in a box. I found 11 beautiful 64s in one roll and nothing in the rest of the box. It was strange but that happens sometimes.

That’s more what I’d expect, but the odd thing here is that they were spread out over 3 boxes with no more than 1 per roll. I’m picking up 4 more boxes tomorrow; hopefully they come from the same pallet.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Distribution of silver within a box is very odd; your experience with all in one roll is even more odd. My last box had 10 90% halves in the upper row of 25 rolls and nothing in the lower 25 rolls. My wife's box had nothing in the top row of 25 rows and 17 40% in the lower row. Weird.

I'm staying with my usual order of only 2 boxes per week so as not to abuse the privilege of getting the boxes at one bank - and more importantly, dumping in a coin counter at our credit union. We've heard some good-natured complaints about the dumping because we usually fill the bag in the counter every week. I have responded that I deeply appreciate having the coin counter there and have increased my purchase of CDs there at 25K/pop just to show my gratitude. I point out that I could easily exceed their CD rate by increasing my dividend stock purchases, but buy some CDs just because I realize that I increase their workload when they empty the coin counter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread