Silver back up

bobr

May 17, 2006
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I see that silver is back up to 13.31. Nothing to whoop about yet, but I hope it continues.

For those of you who are wondering how I did on my trip to the diamond mine, in one word, skunked. They say that only 2 to 4 diamonds are found a day there. I didn't have any luck any day I was there. Pretty country and friendly people. The banks had halves, but the best I got was 5 rolls of 1991 D in BU condition.

P.S. Don't plan on driving too far in one day. It doesn't allow enough time to stop at banks and get to your destination at a reasonable hour.

Upvote 0

kestrelia

May 9, 2007
I heard recently that as the dollar goes down the price of commodities (silver, gas, etc.) goes up as they are priced in dollars and it cost more dollars to buy them. This could be part of the reason.

Brian

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yah, I've been watching that today. It's at $13.35 now. It was hovering around $14 a while back. I need it to get back there!

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Silver up for most of us is a good thing, Unfortunately the fact is the dollar is just crashing.

So basically if you were making $10 per hour yesterday on the world market you got a pay decrease to say 9.75 today.

Or worse yet in the last 5 years if you were making $10 an hour 5 years ago your only making about $6 an hour now.

Its not that prices are going up, its that the dollar is down.

expect an increase in Gas, Milk, food, basic services, higher interest rates etc, lower value on your home, car and all that wonderful stuff.

expect that it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better unless the government revalues our currency.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread