Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: ways to find valuable coins

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2018
    Maryland
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    976 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I attended a somewhat brutal boys' parochial high school in the late 60's and saw some of my classmates held upside down by their ankles out of second floor windows by a large Franciscan brother shouting "Confess, Confess!". I've always felt a little guilty that I wondered if coins fell from the pockets of those students to the ground below or if the pockets just inverted and sealed themselves. (Does the young mind think these things to avoid confronting the reality of torture?) I never did search the ground below those windows because I never felt comfortable about keeping such coins if I was to find any and also explaining what I was doing would have been awkward. But hey, maybe search below those parochial school windows...

That was far from the worst that I saw there.
    Last edited by Megalodon; Nov 16, 2018 at 12:56 AM.
    PetesPockets55 likes this.

ca
    Semi-precious rock and gem collecter, classic book reader, horse lover, metal detecter gal.

Aug 2018
    Winnipeg MB.
    Bounty Hunter Jr., Garrett Carrot
    551 times
    Metal Detecting
    Ok... DO NOT dress homeless to get people to give you money.... that is not right. Everything else sounds good though. Thanks for sharing!
    Always check rabbit holes when metal detecting... you never know, there might be karats down there.

us
    Jan 2010
    tampa fl
    garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
    15 times
    Hi to all Iíve done the vacuum machines at car washes for years I average about $2000 a yearOne day last month I stopped at the car wash and they are cleaned all the vacuums out and put them in one trashcan I dumped it in the back of my truck on a tarp it had rain And all the material was wet got home got my screen out washed it and came up with almost $50.Iím the person that will stop and pick up any coin My motto is a penny down is a penny found.Happy hunting all
    Blak bart and PetesPockets55 like this.

us
    Sep 2013
    Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
    7771 times
    Best advice that I can offer.. Rural Farm community Banks.

us
    beachcomber, treasure hunter, fisherman

Jun 2016
    FL keys
    Mine lab primary fisher secondary
    15598 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by gold eye View Post
    Hi to all Iíve done the vacuum machines at car washes for years I average about $2000 a yearOne day last month I stopped at the car wash and they are cleaned all the vacuums out and put them in one trashcan I dumped it in the back of my truck on a tarp it had rain And all the material was wet got home got my screen out washed it and came up with almost $50.Iím the person that will stop and pick up any coin My motto is a penny down is a penny found.Happy hunting all
    Yup......just found a pair of earrings still in the box. There they were among the lint and clad at the vacuum bag dump site. At my spot they just empty the vacuum right on the ground. nice little pile of clad each week. Lots of cocaine and weed baggies all over the place here too. Never know what you'll find. Gonna have to go check that spot this morning. Had a lot of fun in the Bahamas picking up clad all over the place. We had a contest to see who could get the most coins on our daily walks. Lots of change gets tossed out over here for some reason.

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    2464 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Just curious what do you do with all the cocaine? The cops here would be on us for just looking at a grease pit for bling.
    Blak bart likes this.
    When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors

us

Jun 2016
    FL keys
    15598 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Lots of used baggies and other paraphernalia. I throw it all in the can that's 2 feet away. I cant understand why they dump it all over the ground when the cans right there, but they do. The change litters the area around this vac. The very first circle-k gas station when you enter the keys, and the last stop before the 18 mile stretch to the mainland. Unbelievable traffic in and out of this gas station.

Mar 2012
    433 times
    I miss TD penny arcade. I found so much jewelry and many times had over a $100 of coin that was stuck in the reject shoot. That was always my way of making up for gas money CRH. I estimate that I found close too a $1000 in rejected coins because people never looked. Also found a $400 Tiffany ring in the reject tray.
    PetesPockets55 and Blak bart like this.

us
    Wood Butcher

Apr 2013
    Indian River Co.
    292 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blak bart View Post
    Lots of used baggies and other paraphernalia. I throw it all in the can that's 2 feet away. I cant understand why they dump it all over the ground when the cans right there, but they do. The change litters the area around this vac. The very first circle-k gas station when you enter the keys, and the last stop before the 18 mile stretch to the mainland. Unbelievable traffic in and out of this gas station.
    Never again now that you've given up that honey hole!
    Blak bart likes this.

us

Jun 2016
    FL keys
    15598 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Go for it.....I'm after the cobbs more than the clad. Consider it a gift to the treasure hunters of the world. I'll still check it on the way to beach. Hmmmm......now I'll have to watch and see how many people show up at the golden vac. Lol !!
    Last edited by Blak bart; Feb 15, 2019 at 04:57 AM.

us
    Dec 2006
    Western NY
    Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surfmaster
    123 times
    I've tried to check the vacuums at the local car wash, but they all have locks on them. I haven't found one yet that didn't. I guess the owners are wise to the treasures inside and wants them for themselves.

Scott

us
    Mr.

Jan 2017
    Taxechusetts (It sucks)
    The only two certainties in life are death and taxes. They tax you just for dying where I live.
    60 times
    Not Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by srcdco View Post
    I've tried to check the vacuums at the local car wash, but they all have locks on them. I haven't found one yet that didn't. I guess the owners are wise to the treasures inside and wants them for themselves.

Scott
    Water fountains are an excellent source for me. BTW I'm back after about a year in purgatory.
    Blak bart likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links