New dimes or old bills

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Stopped in at several of my banks for dime boxes. Only had time to stop at four banks, all but one had NEW BOXES, and was able to get only one box for the weekend hunt. However, my last bank, that is my favorite branch, stopped me and asked if I had any interest in OLD BILLS. She has a Hugh stack of different denom, 5,10,20,50,100's.
All I could buy because of limited funds are these $2 RED SEALS, and this 1929-Chicago Fed Reserve Note. Not being a currency collector, I told her that I would try to find a taker AT FACE VALUE for the rest. ANY ONE INTERESTED, send me a PM. Pics of what I bought at FV
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1541878495.901092.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1541878516.166476.jpg

PS: Happy Veterans DAY to ALL you vets Nov.11
Does anyone remember what this day was CALLED PREVIOUSLY.

Upvote 0

boss driver

Dec 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Dues, AT Pro, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hoping to find a stack like that myself. I’ll grab all of it when I do, great score!

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
That kind of currency definitely falls in the "always take them all" category. The Federal Reserve Bank Notes just about always bring more than face, sometimes considerably so.

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I was going through the $2 Red Seals by serial #, and date. They are all "A" series, is this common. Only a couple of years. BUT, is the location of the Year & Signature of Sec of the Treas all to be in the same place location, if so, I have 2 notes that the date & signature are shifted over to the right, just below the big letter T of TWO. I'll make a pic of the differences.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS: Happy Veterans DAY to ALL you vets Nov.11
Does anyone remember what this day was CALLED PREVIOUSLY.

Nov 11th was called "Armistice Day" because that was the day in 1918 when the armistice (cease fire) took effect. The actual end of WWI didn't occur until the "Treaty of Versailles" signed on June 28,1919 ended the war between Germany & the allies.

Happy Veterans Day to all my brothers & sisters who have served.
Gary

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Try posting on the Paper Currencies section of this site. You’ll likely get more of a response

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread