Value of our SILVER

Holt0222

Sep 24, 2015
Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure on that but I was wondering why silver price isn’t consistent among all the sellers.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big business is afraid of the trade wars and the economy plummeting so precious metals take the hit.IMO

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope. It’s dropping because I bought some at $14.42.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

jailbirdjackson

May 5, 2016
Chicago, IL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The common conception is that PM's are a hedge against inflation. If the Fed is tightening, then inflation and the economy are held in check and there's less need to hedge against inflation. I'd think if the Fed reverses, and stops the tightening or even lowers interest rates, then PM's will benefit.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Generally there is an correction every Nov. We seem to be experiencing that now.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I admit to being emotionally drawn to gold and silver , I do realize that if you are buying PM's with steady growth over a short term as your goal you could almost certainly do better with numerous other exchange traded funds , or perhaps any number of new cannibus start up companies . I will continue to buy gold and silver because I fabricate gold and silver jewelry , and it is not difficult to sell the finished pieces for between 3 and 5 times cost of raw materials .

corvettebill

Aug 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
While I admit to being emotionally drawn to gold and silver , I do realize that if you are buying PM's with steady growth over a short term as your goal you could almost certainly do better with numerous other exchange traded funds , or perhaps any number of new cannibus start up companies . I will continue to buy gold and silver because I fabricate gold and silver jewelry , and it is not difficult to sell the finished pieces for between 3 and 5 times cost of raw materials .

Argentium : you say that you fabricate silver into jewelry, do you make anything out of Standing Liberty Quarters ( like ear rings, cuff links, etc), I have a lot of dateless ones that are destined as JUNK SILVER. If you are interested, I'll keep you in mind.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
The price of precious metals always stays the same.Its the fiat garbage currency is what goes up and down.when the worth of the garbage goes up precious metal prices drop.If the worth of the garbage goes down precious metalsrise in price.

Coincrazed

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
We can only hope that it continues to tank. I’m currently laughing at the sharks that were pushing everyone to buy at the top; I’m laughing even harder at the number of poltroons and self-proclaimed experts on YouTube with absolutely zero concept of investing telling their crowd of followers that at any given time is time to buy. Silver price is $35 an ounce? Time to buy. Silver price at $18 an ounce? Time to buy. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Also, if Silver keeps dropping and stays down for an extended period of time, CRH may get better. We’ll hopefully have less of the damned get rich quick roll hunters only looking for a quick buck. Maybe even the number of YouTubers raving about how to make money finding Silver will finally shut the hell up.

Another case in point somewhat unrelated, I remember as a teen back in 2010-2012. Everybody, And I mean EVERYBODY foolishly and erroneously made the statement that “1916-D Mercury Dimes and other key date coins are only getting more expensive, they are not going down in price.” The past 5 years proved that wasn’t the case. What used to be a $1K coin in good, can now be obtained for $700-$800. $1500 in VG, now $1200-$1300.

“A fool and his money are soon parted.” - Thomas Tusser

“If you tell a lie big enough and frequently enough, it will be believed.” - Joseph Goebbels

“The masses have never thirsted after truth. They demand illusions, and cannot do without them. They constantly give what is unreal precedence over what is real; they are almost as strongly influenced by what is untrue as by what is true. They have an evident tendency not to distinguish between the two.” - Sigmund Freud

Last edited:

CaptnJohn

Sep 4, 2018
SE NC & FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Did coin roll hunting in the early 1960s for dated coins. Started buying gold long ago. The last 1 oz Eagle I bought was $1380, the first $270. Same type of stuff with silver I just buy a roll of silver eagles. When I die and the kids go to the bank vault they will be selling it all.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The price of precious metals always stays the same.Its the fiat garbage currency is what goes up and down.when the worth of the garbage goes up precious metal prices drop.If the worth of the garbage goes down precious metalsrise in price.

Red, I expected you to blame china

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now, everyone who hoards precious metals should be trading all of their physical gold for physical silver.

The ratio of spot price right now is 85:1 - that is about as good as it ever gets.
Sometime within the next 10 years, the ratio will flip to 50:1.

If you were on the correct side of the trade each time, you would increase your PM holding by 70% with no risk. Obviously dealer margins and premiums get in the way of the theoretical gains, but there is enough swing to get some free PM by this method.

If, today, you have 1/2 oz gold eagle ($1200 per oz spot = $600), trade it for 40 silver eagles ($14 per oz spot = $560).
In 10 years, trade your 40 silver eagles ($50 per oz spot = $2000) for 3/4 oz gold eagle ($2400 per oz spot = $1800). You got 1/4 oz of free gold.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
All the markets today are rigged. Banks are fined for shorting PM’s, they pay a small fine, back to business as usual.

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$14/oz or $50/oz.... I buy my silver at face value :laughing7:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry guys, it's my fault. I'm still holding some 1979 $50 silver. After it fell I knew I'd put a forever curse on the market :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread