All Treasure Hunting
Congrats and nice record-keeping!

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome take for the year! I'm just under 95 ozt. so far, gonna try to hit it real hard the next month or so to get those last few ounces in to hit my 100 ozt. goal.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Way ta go.Congrats

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow those are some numbers. This years been so dismal for me I haven't even bothered to take stock. Too depressing. What kind of volume are you doing?

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Nice haul. Your ration 90:40 is ~8 times better than mine. I find 10 40%ers for every 90%er. Is this your normal ratio or are there some 1 off funds skewing your data this year? Thanks.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll be lucky to find 40 oz in dimes this year. But every now and then I'll get a box of halves or hit some heavy teller trays of AG.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
way to go! Tax free to boot!

Ok, inquiring minds want to know:

1. are your search banks in large cities? medium sized cities? small towns?
2. how many rolls of coins to you search a week?
3. what are your best producers? dimes, quarters, 50 cents?
4. do you look at each coin, or just the edges?
5. do you have you have special tellers who look out for you?

We don't want to know what city you live in but rather advice how we can try to match your success. I need something for my wife to do in the evening while watching her TV shows.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great silver numbers! :notworthy:

OP
OP
silveraddict

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you everyone.
I only search halves. I'm 62 and I can only read the dates on halves.
I search 5 or 6 boxes a week. All from Brinks. I go out "banking" maybe 2 Saturdays a month. I do have quite a few tellers that save all their halves for me. It really pays off to be friendly with the tellers. Most of them thank me for taking them off their hands. Tellers hate having to count them every night. They do save even the silver ones for me cuz they know I keep coming back and take them all no matter what.
These totals and my 90/40 ratio were helped out by an incredible January. On the 3rd I got my first ever solid roll of 90's all 1964.
Then on the 13th one of my favorite banks and teller had 10 CWR for me when I came in. She never looked at them. They turned out to be 10 solid rolls. 9 solid 90% and 1 solid 40%.
On top of that my box that night had 89 silver in it.
Total for just January:
320 silver halves:
(45) WL
(90) Bens
(53) 1964
(132) 40%
I don't live in a big city.
The burbs sorta near a big city.
Lots of midsized towns.
My son and I search the boxes in the evening while watching tv.
No coin machines anywhere around us so everything gets rerolled as none of my dump banks will take them if not rolled.
2016 was my best year with over 1200 silver halves found.
Last year was only a little over 600.
I'm hoping to hit 1000 this year.
It is still out there if you are persistent and enjoy what you are doing. I can not tell you how many 10+ skunk boxes I go through.
My wife says that I turned a hobby into an obsession.
I'm still looking for a DREAM box.
The closest I came was a few years ago with 92.
Happy Thanksgiving
And HAPPY HUNTING ALL

scottw

Jul 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice persistence.
I'm semi-similar to you, although I can do only 2 boxes a week, all from the same bank.
My entire 'metro' area is spread out about 100 square miles, and would not have more than 700,000 population.
My total ytd is 147 40%ers and 45 90's.

I have got some firsts this year. Highlights:

First ever Barber, a well worn 1902.

First ever 1970, a very shiny S, and an ender to boot!

1966 proof, sadly NOT the no FG variety.

First ever box of 10+ 90%ers, which had 2 Ben and 1 Walker enders.

My longest skunk streak is 6, which I am currently sitting on. Longest winning streak was 9(!), back in February. That must be when the holiday rush gets distributed around here.

OP
OP
silveraddict

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice persistence.
I'm semi-similar to you, although I can do only 2 boxes a week, all from the same bank.
My entire 'metro' area is spread out about 100 square miles, and would not have more than 700,000 population.
My total ytd is 147 40%ers and 45 90's.

I have got some firsts this year. Highlights:

First ever Barber, a well worn 1902.

First ever 1970, a very shiny S, and an ender to boot!

1966 proof, sadly NOT the no FG variety.

First ever box of 10+ 90%ers, which had 2 Ben and 1 Walker enders.

My longest skunk streak is 6, which I am currently sitting on. Longest winning streak was 9(!), back in February. That must be when the holiday rush gets distributed around here.
Congrats on the Barber. I'm still looking for my first Barber.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
way to go! Tax free to boot!

Ok, inquiring minds want to know:

1. are your search banks in large cities? medium sized cities? small towns?
2. how many rolls of coins to you search a week?
3. what are your best producers? dimes, quarters, 50 cents?
4. do you look at each coin, or just the edges?
5. do you have you have special tellers who look out for you?

We don't want to know what city you live in but rather advice how we can try to match your success. I need something for my wife to do in the evening while watching her TV shows.

I didn't ask my wife to do CRH. When I returned to it this late this June after a 50+ year hiatus, due to the heat and humidity outside metal detecting, I could not hide my smile. When she saw that I was doing something fun, well then she wanted to try. Once she found her own silver, that was the kiss of death for any solitary CRH and I now pick up a box for her in addition to mine, twice a week. She is very competitive, and loves to beat me - whether it is at cards, fossil hunting, or CRH.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul. Your ration 90:40 is ~8 times better than mine. I find 10 40%ers for every 90%er. Is this your normal ratio or are there some 1 off funds skewing your data this year? Thanks.

Good question and thanks to silveraddict for providing additional information to help explain the data. When I saw your post about your 10:1 ratio, I checked my own numbers for half dollar results since the last week of june, when I opened my first rolls since 1966, and only because the heat and humidity were too oppressive out metal detecting. Out of 42 boxes, we found 200 silver halves, of which 70 were 90% and 130 were 40%. So my percentage was 35% 90% when we found a silver half. Silveraddict found 323 90% halves out of 886 total silver for a percentage of 36.5%. As silveraddicts numbers were helped by some great CWR, mine were helped by 2 strong boxes that gave up 32 90% and 27 40% coins. The variance is so high (so many skunk boxes) that averages are not useful in predicting future results. You are always just a box or two away from a great box changing a 10:1 ratio to 3 or 4:1.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Megalodon: I wish my wife would show at least a LITTLE INTEREST in my hobby, but she always complains when I make my rounds to the banks several days a week. At least she doesn't go with me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread