Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't been paying attention to the rolls in my half boxes, just making sure there are 50 of them. Today as I was going through my 3rd box today and noticed a few rolls that seem taller than the others and then some that were shorter.

I separated them and found 5 rolls of 21 coins and 3 rolls of 19 and 1 of 18. At least it averaged out but it amazing that 9 rolls in one box were miscounted by the machine, both over and under...

Upvote 0

scottw

Jul 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few weeks ago there was a nickel in the middle of one of my MWR's.
I have come to not be surprised by things other than half dollars in the rolls, but that nickel definitely did the trick!

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I actually got a plastic dime in a roll of dimes! Some sort of toy. I just thought that the machine rollers would be more accurate but I guess not

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read this post, opened my box and ,... short rolls. More than ever. No tall ones either. I didn't open the shorts. I didn't even finish the box it looked so dismal. I guess I am burning out on a mega skunk roll.

Johnny5

Feb 19, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelabs CTX 3030, Excalibur and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My pick up bank was shorting me for a long time with short rolls, which I posted a long time ago. Since then they must have switched carriers as the boxes are spot on and a different stamp on them as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread