Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Anyone here from back in the day?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    sir

May 2007
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdan View Post
    No it was Patrick Earl Houston. He also goes by Ben Lee. I outed him as a white boy from Atlanta. Just did a little quick snooping he is still selling on feeBay he was last on here in 2011 and is 46 now. A little too old to play rapper. If any one wants a little chuckle here is my post:

The secret life of Patrick Earl Houston

I had only been on this board for about half a year got bored at the office and did some investigating.
    Haha i actually remember seeing this back in the day crazy it was 11 years ago!
    el ay

sir

May 2007
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantuckkeean View Post
    Hello sir,

I’m still here. Barely CRH anymore but still pop in to see what y’all are finding. I did search a box of nickels and a box of cents with my sons recently. We got 29 wheats and 1 war nickel. Those were the first boxes that I searched in a couple of years. I still buy halves occasionally when on road trips for work. Finds have been meager so I don’t post. I got a lonely 40%er yesterday in $200.

Kindest regards,
    Kantuck
    Nice to see you still here!
    el ay

us
    Feb 2008
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Whites, MXT.
    4332 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I'm still around and still pretty thrilled with CRH , I haven't done as many boxes of half dollars lately - I have been having fun with pennies, but I hope to begin halfs again soon ,and the occasional dime box too .
    cdickrun64 likes this.

sir

May 2007
    18 times
    I stopped CRH around senior year HS. A bit later started going to coin and gold shops to look at their junk bins, had a goal of getting a coin from every country. I didn't do half bad in that respect.

I really fell in favor with the foreign collecting but the time has passed even for that, maybe again when there's time. This was the place I hung out at when I was a kid, crazy to read those old messages.
    Last edited by sir; Nov 28, 2018 at 09:34 PM.
    el ay

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2006
    Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    1868 times
    I got most of my foreign at yardsales. When I lived in SoCA (100 miles north of mexico) I would get more Canadian and Japanese coins than pesos. I did get a very old mexican copper in CRH ing at a local bank. Here is an ebay auction where I was selling a lot of my yardsale finds. All foreign.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	COINS-1.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	254.4 KB 
ID:	1656043  
    Last edited by cyberdan; Nov 29, 2018 at 06:53 PM.
    at yard sales I am dollardan

Feb 2007
    Southern Arizona
    Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
    163 times
    Cyberdan, have to ask with that box of coins was it easy to sell on Ebay and worth the time and effort collecting them. I see boxes, bags and small piles of foreign coins at some garage sales and estate sales and always walk by them. Figured I had no knowledge of what they are worth piece by piece but maybe a pile of them might be worth trying?

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2006
    Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    1868 times
    Quote Originally Posted by weighit View Post
    Cyberdan, have to ask with that box of coins was it easy to sell on Ebay and worth the time and effort collecting them. I see boxes, bags and small piles of foreign coins at some garage sales and estate sales and always walk by them. Figured I had no knowledge of what they are worth piece by piece but maybe a pile of them might be worth trying?
    At yard sales I would always ask if they had old coins. I never said american or silver. Many time they would run in and bring out an old little jar or box. I would point out all the u.S. and mention the others were pretty worthless. I would make an offer and if they liked it they got paid. My offer was mostly made on the U.S. silver. The foreign just got thrown in that green tool box. That is 3-4 years of accumulation. There are several pieces of paper money there. I evened it out into 6 or 7 auctions (handful of coins and 1 paper bill) sold all, easy on ebay. That was my lead photo. I didn't promise anything except "foreign coins and a paper note". The foreign cost very little. Still have a lot of canadian somewhere. I kept the Japanese yen. I go there every few years.
    at yard sales I am dollardan

us
    Apr 2005
    North Carolina
    Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett AT Gold
    2263 times
    Still here, rarely do halves now due to dumping issues.
    thurmownator and cdickrun64 like this.
    2019 COIN ROLL HUNTING TOTALS!

Wheats..7
    Buffalos..0
    war nickels.0
    Silv Dimes...-0
    Silv Quarters-0/0
    Barbers-0/0
    Walker 0
    Bens- 0
    Kenn. 90%- 0
    Kenn. 40%- 0
    Proof- 0
    Silv. Proof -0
    Commemorative-0/0

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    2434 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Been active CRH off and on since Ď77.
    Stopped around 2014 due to excessive bank maintainance fees not related to box/coin purchases.
    Found two silver quarters in change this year and a silver Rosie yesterday.
    300+ silvers via dirtfishing since 2010.

Edit: really miss it sometimes.
    When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors

Mar 2007
    California
    Tesoro Toltec 100
    10 times
    Still hunting but scaled back. Stop by every now and then to see what people are finding.

65GT350
    thurmownator likes this.
    CRH TOTAL? Thatís just a number and mines UNLISTED. - Silver_Fox
    Keep turning that green paper into silver - Rich Hartford

May 2006
    Pioneer 505
    10 times
    I am a member and coin roll hunted back in 2005-2007. I just started doing it again last Thursday.
    2008 Silver Half Totals:
    40% Kennedys:   3
    90% Kennedys:   3
    Franklin Halves:  
    Walking Liberty: 
    Barber Halves:    0

us
    Lord ringpull

Oct 2015
    Kannapolis nc
    Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero
    261 times
    When i read the title i was thinking yeah, i'm from back in the day- born 76-80s, 90s kid, i remember. Then i read on an was like oh, from on this forum.

us
    Aug 2006
    California Bay Area
    81 times
    I'm still here .I never really posted a lot .I'm still detecting but not finding anything earthshaking enough to post . I miss a lot of the folks who are no longer posting here . I wonder how Spartacus is doing ? I used to enjoy his sense of humor .

I used to do really well coin roll hunting halves but I gave that up after everyone and their brother started doing it ( especially the bank tellers ) . I never pass up a Coinstar without checking it out and have done pretty well but the pickings there are getting rarer also . Between being confined indoors by the previous unhealthy smoke from the wildfires and now the rain and baby sitting I haven't gotten out to detect in a while .I'm looking forward to getting out again , hopefully soon . Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all !
    jailbirdjackson likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    Mississippi
    XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
    16438 times
    I guess I'm a rookie. 2013. Love this stuff.
    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

us
    Aug 2008
    Ace 350
    314 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Still at it but a bit quieter on the board. Not buying as many boxes as I used to but still enjoying it. Occasional finds keep coming in to make it interesting. Got two solid rolls of 40% yesterday so it still is out there. Look forward to $50 an ounce again...
    Maine_Jim

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links