Anyone here from back in the day?

OP
OP
sir

sir

May 29, 2007
There even used to be this guy who came on here talking like a gangster about his silver finds.

Coincrazed

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I think you're talking about Patrick Earl Houston. I don't remember him, he was before my time, but I go all the way back to 2009. I remember when the board was booming in 09. So many posts. I'd go out for 4 or 5 hours, come back home and log on, and there'd be so many new posts.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still here but nothing worth posting about lately.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got posts on the first page of this forum, still searching, just not though to really post- been here since I was a high school freshman
HH
-GC

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still here too. Don't do halves since my dump bank got rid of their coin machine. Still read the forums every day though.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There even used to be this guy who came on here talking like a gangster about his silver finds.

Wasn't his name 50cent, or something like that? I believe his avatar was the rapper, 50 Cent.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still read some of the posts and occasionally respond, but I haven't really been CRH'ing for a few years as I have been too busy with my other urban treasure hunting hobby, so not much to post.

In the meantime, the bank I used to use for picking up has changed their policy on selling bags directly off the coin machine as they were bought by another bank and the new owner has much much stricter policies. The bank I used to use for dumping (Wells Fargo) has removed all of their self serve coin machines and went back to hand rolled coins.

Although I could potentially find other banks or change how I CRH'ed, the system I was using for years would no longer even work today so it would cost me more in gas and time.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still read some of the posts and occasionally respond, but I haven't really been CRH'ing for a few years as I have been too busy with my other urban treasure hunting hobby, so not much to post.

In the meantime, the bank I used to use for picking up has changed their policy on selling bags directly off the coin machine as they were bought by another bank and the new owner has much much stricter policies. The bank I used to use for dumping (Wells Fargo) has removed all of their self serve coin machines and went back to hand rolled coins.

Although I could potentially find other banks or change how I CRH'ed, the system I was using for years would no longer even work today so it would cost me more in gas and time.

Always loved reading all the cool stuff you got from those bags, I haven't found any banks that will sell me either

HH
-GC

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't his name 50cent, or something like that? I believe his avatar was the rapper, 50 Cent.

No it was Patrick Earl Houston. He also goes by Ben Lee. I outed him as a white boy from Atlanta. Just did a little quick snooping he is still selling on feeBay he was last on here in 2011 and is 46 now. A little too old to play rapper. If any one wants a little chuckle here is my post:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/50847-secret-life-patrick-earl-houston.html

I had only been on this board for about half a year got bored at the office and did some investigating.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello sir,

I’m still here. Barely CRH anymore but still pop in to see what y’all are finding. I did search a box of nickels and a box of cents with my sons recently. We got 29 wheats and 1 war nickel. Those were the first boxes that I searched in a couple of years. I still buy halves occasionally when on road trips for work. Finds have been meager so I don’t post. I got a lonely 40%er yesterday in $200.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

OP
OP
sir

sir

May 29, 2007
No it was Patrick Earl Houston. He also goes by Ben Lee. I outed him as a white boy from Atlanta. Just did a little quick snooping he is still selling on feeBay he was last on here in 2011 and is 46 now. A little too old to play rapper. If any one wants a little chuckle here is my post:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/50847-secret-life-patrick-earl-houston.html

I had only been on this board for about half a year got bored at the office and did some investigating.

Haha i actually remember seeing this back in the day crazy it was 11 years ago!

OP
OP
sir

sir

May 29, 2007
Hello sir,

I’m still here. Barely CRH anymore but still pop in to see what y’all are finding. I did search a box of nickels and a box of cents with my sons recently. We got 29 wheats and 1 war nickel. Those were the first boxes that I searched in a couple of years. I still buy halves occasionally when on road trips for work. Finds have been meager so I don’t post. I got a lonely 40%er yesterday in $200.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Nice to see you still here!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still around and still pretty thrilled with CRH , I haven't done as many boxes of half dollars lately - I have been having fun with pennies, but I hope to begin halfs again soon ,and the occasional dime box too .

OP
OP
sir

sir

May 29, 2007
I stopped CRH around senior year HS. A bit later started going to coin and gold shops to look at their junk bins, had a goal of getting a coin from every country. I didn't do half bad in that respect.

I really fell in favor with the foreign collecting but the time has passed even for that, maybe again when there's time. This was the place I hung out at when I was a kid, crazy to read those old messages.

Last edited:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got most of my foreign at yardsales. When I lived in SoCA (100 miles north of mexico) I would get more Canadian and Japanese coins than pesos. I did get a very old mexican copper in CRH ing at a local bank. Here is an ebay auction where I was selling a lot of my yardsale finds. All foreign.

Attachments

• COINS-1.JPG
    COINS-1.JPG
    254.4 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread