Finally made up my mind.

silvershark

Feb 1, 2007
Illinois
well, i have been debating on what to get with my CRH money.

I have been keeping all of my bens, walkers, proofs and BUs, but selling all of the others at silver melt value to get some more money to CRH cash.

I finally made up my mind and i will be saving up for the 2007 platinum eagle set.

four little coins for just over 3 grand.

cant wait!

who else is saving for the bigger fish?

lets hear what you are gonna get!!

-SS

Upvote 0

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
Cool topic, I just did this with some 40% halves I had laying around ::)

Just wanted to convert it to more easily manageable items.

I picked up a 1oz. gold coin, (2) 10oz engelhard silver
bars (old poured style, nice), and (6) 1 oz silver rounds, plus
a sweet check too :)

Im happy. Not sure when Ill sell off the 90% hoard. Probably a long
time from now. The rest of the 40% will get sold again when I feel like some
more goodies :) .

I got lots more plans in mind ! I want like "everything"... its an obsession lol.

OP
OP
silvershark

silvershark

Feb 1, 2007
Illinois
Raptor686 said:
Cool topic, I just did this with some 40% halves I had laying around ::)

Just wanted to convert it to more easily manageable items.

I picked up a 1oz. gold coin, (2) 10oz engelhard silver
bars (old poured style, nice), and (6) 1 oz silver rounds, plus
a sweet check too :)

Im happy. Not sure when Ill sell off the 90% hoard. Probably a long
time from now. The rest of the 40% will get sold again when I feel like some
more goodies :) .

I got lots more plans in mind ! I want like "everything"... its an obsession lol.

wow, thats a helluva haul for selling silver.

believe me, im in the same state of mind you are. EVERYTHING sounds pretty nice right about now.

cant beat free money.

-SS

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Its hard to say what the best thing to do with the extra CRH money is to do but Pt is a bad investment unless you just like it for what it is.
Just like anything else things adjust and go up and down. Remember Gold just a few years back was in the $280s and Silver in the $3 to$4 range.
At the moment the metals are at all time highs, the dollar at an all time low. I guess the right answer is do what makes ya happy!
I put the money back into my jewelry biz so it becomes rings, gets traded for gold that is used as rings.
Consuming and turning it is the key to making more $

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking of trading in my halves for a bar when I get to 100 ounces, so I asked my local coin shop if they do straight trades and they said no because there's no profit potential. ::) Good grief!

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
Good buys everyone. I'd go for gold, personally, but anything you can hold in your hands sounds like a good buy at this point. Tangible goods are tops, and if you can make a quick turnaround, all the better. Go for what you love, whether that be silver rounds or rhodium bars. hahaha.

Some of my earlier CRHing finds helped finance a trip to Iceland---one of the reasons I haven't posted in a while. I just had to go horseback riding up a smoking volcano and swim in the hot springs. My girlfriend loved it. She now sees the financial side of CRHing---and the payoff, too. She now thinks a Ryedale machine isn't such a bad idea after all. haha. While shopping in Reykjavik I picked up some Icelandic gold and silver coins. Low mintages and lovely designs. That buy I can say was paid for fully from coin hunting profits.

Typically, I trade up my 40%ers to whatever else is rarer or purer. I'm not too picky. I'm more of a small-time accumulator than a collector. My stash never grows too big cause I'm always cashing it in.

Today in change I received a 1964 Canadian 80% silver dime. Made my day and got me thinking. What should I do with smaller, oddball finds like this? Keep 'em! I don't have much 80%, sooooo...might as well just hold it for a while. The only coins I have "plans" for are the ones I usually find, like 90% and 40% halves, war nix, and wheats.

kickstart

Mar 7, 2007
Ga.
My wife and I are redecorating our den. We just got a new 42" Sharp TV and leather sofa and chair. We also got a Sony video camera.
I've already started my new box of 40%ers. The 90 %ers I'll keep
building up. I'm at 417 right now. The WLs and BFs and comms. etc:
are for my kids.....uh..oh....my wife just yelled to me that the dryer
had quit tumbling...I guess we know what I'll get next.

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
All good. Hard to say what platinum will do in the future, but for the last 10 years its been going up up up. I have been putting my 40%ers sales into certified coins and stocks. I think diversifing is the key. I like to travel and will probably blow some of it on a trip to central america next year.

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Well since in my younger years I got behind with the tax man- I am going to see in the FED will help me get out of trouble with that. Already have a nice down payment for the state, sale of 40%'s got that and should make payments too. As far as big brother I really need to pick up the pace on them 90%'s if they're gonna cover that. HH Mark

OP
OP
silvershark

silvershark

Feb 1, 2007
Illinois
well, my main view on coins is to buy old XFs to MSs, they are never gonna get any newer and if you keep them in that condition, where can they go but up?

or look for low recent mintages.

look at the 1999 silver proof set, i got one for 30 dollars and now its worth about 400. but thats because of the state quarters.

be sure to nab a few of the 2009 sets for the pennies.

-SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread