Silver strikes again

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Stopped in at one of my regular branches earlier this week, to pickup any dime boxes. This is the same branch where I snagged 10-solid rolls of halves (-2 clads), about 5-weeks ago. After getting my box of dimes, asked if any of the tellers present had any halves. One teller said she only had ONE roll, would I even consider buying it. Sure why not, bought it, put it in my jacket pocket. Later that evening after getting home, opened up that single roll, and WOW, FULL ROLL OF SILVER. I never thought that I'd ever see another solid roll ever since that 10-roll catch. Right place at the right time. Time to buy the tellers some candy for the holidays. I'll provide pics for those none believers, if necessary. Is the holiday silver starting to flow?, I certainly hope so. HH, Dozer D.

Upvote 0

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I HATE YOU!!!!!!

nice score

went by my bank today to get some CWR nickels and they didn't want to give me any due to they could be shorts, I talked them into it. got 50 rolls will go through them tonight.

They said their branch 25 miles away has $50 in halves but I don't want to drive that far to pick them up so they are going to bring them to the bank for me. It is not just the 25 miles but it is into downtown Boston rush hour traffic...

but now hearing your tale I almost want to go there but I know if I do they will be all clad! If I wait they may be ok

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Gee Ben, with a greeting like that, I won't tell you that one of the other two branch banks that sells me dime bags called me late morning saying they got a full dime bag off the machine. Picked it up mid afternoon. And I won't tell you that after checking it all ($1000), was only able to find 12-silvers : ( 10-Rosies, 1-merc, 1-Can ). Nor will I tell you that in the course of the afternoon I also picked up 4-dime boxes, to check tonight & tomorrow morning, about half of which were CWR's. Maybe an entire collection dump Ben. What I will tell you Ben is have a nice day, and keep stacking, HH, DozerD.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
ROFL!!!

I keep trying got 4 boxes of halves today, first two were skunks, doing the others tomorrow, also got $100 in nickels 1/2 CWR 1/2 BWR half way through, found 2 coins for my collection a 40S and 2004D also 2 1942 P's and a 1937 Buffalo

So at least I got some silver from somewhere

plugging away

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dozer - Congrats on that solid silver roll! We've had some slim pickings since a great two boxes of 59 silver halves on Nov 1. Tonight, we got 10 silvers from our two boxes. Once again, my wife outhunted me with three 64 halves and 4 40%ers to my three 40%ers. I've yet to get a CWR or teller tray silver. Have given boxes of Godiva chocolates to each of the tellers at my pickup bank (big smiles there) and will bring another three boxes to the tellers who have to empty the coin machine at my primary dump bank tomorrow. I know what a pain in the butt I am at the dump bank when dumping $1000 at a time.

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Stopped at a new different branch bank the other day. Asked if they had any boxes of dimes, MWR or CWR. She said she had a lot of CWR, would I like them, $450 worth. I only had $400, so took what I could. Appeared they were all wrapped by the same individual, some ends taped the same, folds the same, etc. Checked them all, SKUNKS, each and every one. Only goes to prove, that skunks do come into the CWR's boxes as well as bank MWR's. However, unless you buy them all, you might be overlooking a collection dump from great grampa's collection. We must over time take the BAD with the GOOD. This time I bought the Bad.

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Pics of my solid roll of halves: 5-90%, 15-40%, It's still out there!!! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1544822453.727500.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1544822484.190927.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread