No dimes or halves

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Stopped at one of my branches to see if any dimes or halves, NONE, but the teller did have two old 1929 notes: $50 & $100, pics attached. Not being a currency collector, I do plan on flipping them to some collector. Only reason I bought them at FV was to rescue them before they get recirculated & mutilated out in the wild. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1545087935.044043.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1545087956.050231.jpg
Yea, I know this post should have been in the Currency forum, it's also there. Just want to show that sometimes diversity in our hobby does come in handy.

Upvote 0

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
National Currency notes can be worth quite a lot. I can not find my guidebook right now, but you should be able to find typical values online somewhere.

Time for more coffee.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice save! :occasion14:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rescue Dozer!

Do you ask for old bills? Or do the tellers know that you like anything old & unusual and offer them to you without being asked? (When I ask, its a case of "should have been here yesterday...just like fishing!)

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Megal:: I normally don't ask tellers for old bills, but in this case one teller said she had several old bills, ( see my post several weeks ago about my conversation with her and that she would hold them until I found a buyer that never showed up at the bank, so I looked thru them myself and told her that I would take these, and she could get rid of the rest.)
After seeing all your postings guys, I'm thinking of going into OLD BILL hunting besides CRH. Now I will start telling all my tellers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread