Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally found something! It took some help of course. An old teller friend returned and had 3 1/2 rolls of 40% and 4 90% and only 4 clad to make dumping a snap! I could see one roll only had 18 coins but glad I didn't open them in there or say anything or her coworkers would have been on those rolls and hounding her in the future before I could see anything else she gets lol. They definitely have been sniping and tell me as much and have never given me any good halves so its good to have her back! I bought up a bunch of dimes and nickels to look at before going for the quarters but all else was most likely someones dump that seemed thoroughly searched. Its an interesting branch because if I can get regular customer change there's a silver dime or two in every $50 on average which is a high ratio but someone else likes to dump here and I can often tell when I get their dumps from the quantity available and absence of silver.

Boxes are still terrible with one Benji and one 40% to break the skunk streak. One box I found in my rounds that someone ordered and never picked up was a skunk as was this week's box so no change there. I am diversifying my pickup banks but still worried I'll burn myself out before anything good comes along. This year dumping got tough with two regular dump banks that I could drop $500 a week closing. I guess I put them out of business lol. Joking. They were in low traffic areas and it was a wonder they were open at all but there was never a line which is sorely missed. My new dump focus is on these bags you send off and get credited in a week or two. Its a fairly smooth process but the lines at this bank are notoriously long and some of the tellers are quite snarky. My favorite line to lay on them "Do you have any halves?"
Knowing that many branches are happy to abide by the no giving out CWRs; they'd rather snipe and ship them . When they say " No."
I say with a big grin, "Well you do now." as I open my bag and lay $500-$600 on them.
I dump at each branch once a month to spread the joy but its a nuisance keeping track of whether you've been credited yet and it ties up your operating capital. The plus side is they are not giving out any of these skunky coins. I am still trying to ascertain which courier they go to but the answer I would guess is one of the three in my area so there's a good chance I'll get some of them back in a future box.

Upvote 0

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread