Solid Box of Half Dollars - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Solid Box of Half Dollars

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2006
    Very Northern Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    2007 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by MotherOfGeeks View Post
    Apparently someone else started ordering halves from my pick up bank and has not picked them up.
    Maybe the other CRHer already picked up a couple of boxes and just abandoned the rest.
    When I did yard sales I was dollardan. No yard sales where I am now.

us
    Dec 2006
    Very Northern Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    2007 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NoThisIsPatrick View Post
    I’ll be sure to avoid any banks in your area since that’s your territory!
    I had a pretty big “territory” When I was so cal, but I knew there was another t-net hunter that sometimes visited some of “my” banks. We talked ocassionally on t-net. One day I was making a deposit of a couple big $500 bags and someone ahead of me was doing the same thing. While we were waiting we struck up a conversation and found out we already knew each other. I have only met one other t-net member by accident, I sold something on eBay and he wanted to pick it up locally. When we met out conversation led to t-net and we had seen each others posts.
    scottw likes this.
    When I did yard sales I was dollardan. No yard sales where I am now.

us
    Apr 2016
    Washington
    165 times
    Coin Roll Hunter, Thrift Store Hunter & Dumpster Diver
    I just picked up the last 3 boxes at my bank & 2 were solid 2018D. I am hoping this is my last shiney box for awhile, but i'm not holding my breath.

The tellers confirmed there is at least one other hunter who has a standing order for a weekly box & one guy who sometimes drops off a box or 2 of halves.

us
    Oct 2013
    Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
    1227 times
    My two boxes were not 2018d. Thank goodnes. They were also not loomis, the flat boxes with holes on top... I think Garda...? Loomis have been the solid 2018. Did pull a '63 proof Ben from one, the other was a skunk
    CRH 2019 silver to date 65.173 oz

Charter Member

Jul 2015
    62 times
    Dang.
    This 2018D plague continues.
    I get 2 boxes per week. 3 out of the last 4 have been solids.
    I can deal with 1 per week, but the latest 2 were both solid.
    To make matters seem worse, both them had been ripped open, as if someone did some date checking.
    I know of one other hunter that also gets 2 per week. He also picks them up earlier in the week than I can. I really hope he is not opening, then refusing them.
    It is also possible this happened elsewhere in the chain. I would think they would be taped up, though.
    My boxes used to be date stamped. That would be handy now.
    The only identification nowadays is a number embossed on one of the minor flaps of the box, the numbers ranging from 1 to 4.
    I have been wondering about the meaning of these numbers.

us
    Oct 2013
    1227 times
    That's sucks Scottw. I got 4 solid boxes of 2018 two weeks ago, last week they weren't solid but mostly 2018 and this week one of each.

They've got to clear up soon, right?!?!

Charter Member

Jul 2015
    62 times
    The sooner the better.
    I've only got 1 box these past 2 months that did not have any 2018's.

us
    Apr 2016
    Washington
    165 times
    Coin Roll Hunter, Thrift Store Hunter & Dumpster Diver
    I thought they were done when i started seeing mixed but mostly 2018D boxes the last several weeks and then one out of my 2 boxes last week was solid again. I've been lucky enough to find a single 40%er in 5 out of the 7 mixed boxes.

us
    Oct 2013
    1227 times
    Figured I'd bump this thread for my own sanity, see if anyone else out there is seeing what I'm seeing. The last 5 weeks I've had all solid boxes of 2018 half dollars. I order 2 per week. Anyone else seeing the same?

us
    May 2018
    A state of Resistance
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    2808 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zomotion View Post
    Figured I'd bump this thread for my own sanity, see if anyone else out there is seeing what I'm seeing. The last 5 weeks I've had all solid boxes of 2018 half dollars. I order 2 per week. Anyone else seeing the same?
    Where are you located? It might be time for you to consider changing banks to one that gets its coins from a different courier (the bank will not usually tell you this useful information due to security). I've not seen this for halves but have seen it for dimes a few times. I gave up on the dimes and focus on halves only. I also get 2 boxes locally in Brinks boxes and they are ok, but not as good as the Garda boxes last year. I also occasionally get Loomis boxes from a more distant bank, but only when they can justify ordering them with their regular coin order and that has been very sporadic. Dunbar boxes are the worst by far.

Charter Member

Jul 2015
    62 times
    I think you are in my general neck of the woods.
    I was getting MANY 2018D's at the first of the year.
    They have been more and more diluted as the year went on, but always present. I can count on every roll having both a Bicentennial and a 2018D in each roll, and being correct 80% of the time.
    Over the year at 2 boxes per week I have almost one roll of 90%, and 4 1/2 rolls of 40%.
    Friday brought 2 solid rolls of 2018's.
    I hope this trend does not continue.

us
    Oct 2013
    1227 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Where are you located? It might be time for you to consider changing banks to one that gets its coins from a different courier (the bank will not usually tell you this useful information due to security). I've not seen this for halves but have seen it for dimes a few times. I gave up on the dimes and focus on halves only. I also get 2 boxes locally in Brinks boxes and they are ok, but not as good as the Garda boxes last year. I also occasionally get Loomis boxes from a more distant bank, but only when they can justify ordering them with their regular coin order and that has been very sporadic. Dunbar boxes are the worst by far.
    Im in the Tacoma/ Seattle area. It's all loomis all the time out here. Yellow flat loomis boxes everywhere

us
    Oct 2013
    1227 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scottw View Post
    I think you are in my general neck of the woods.
    I was getting MANY 2018D's at the first of the year.
    They have been more and more diluted as the year went on, but always present. I can count on every roll having both a Bicentennial and a 2018D in each roll, and being correct 80% of the time.
    Over the year at 2 boxes per week I have almost one roll of 90%, and 4 1/2 rolls of 40%.
    Friday brought 2 solid rolls of 2018's.
    I hope this trend does not continue.
    Did you get 2 solid rolls or boxes of 2018 last Friday?

Charter Member

Jul 2015
    62 times
    Boxes, unfortunately.
    I know that, judging from the take, it would seem I do only 2rolls per week!
    Zomotion likes this.

us
    Oct 2013
    1227 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scottw View Post
    Boxes, unfortunately.
    I know that, judging from the take, it would seem I do only 2rolls per week!
    Lol! You're doing fine you wrote "2 solid rolls" on you're reply and was just curious if you meant boxes.... Based on my experience this last month, more are coming sadly

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links