Not your typical magic trick

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found a lot of magician coins hunting halves. Made a pretty good profit on these too. But I've never seen one like this. The pics are in order of how it comes apart. the half dollar opens up kind of like a nesting doll.... A dime inside a quarter inside a half dollar.

Anyone else out there seen one like this?

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
I have not ever seen one, but I do recall reading about something similar years back.

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a neat one!

I never have the patience to get these suckers open. I've gotten quite a few as well, most of the ones I've gotten have another obverse of the Kennedy half (to make it a double) or a Mexican coin.

What's the best way to unload them, Feebay?

dibdab

Jan 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I did find one just like that... a triple nester. Saved it of course. Can't recall seeing another posted.

OP
OP
Zomotion

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A
That's a neat one!

I never have the patience to get these suckers open. I've gotten quite a few as well, most of the ones I've gotten have another obverse of the Kennedy half (to make it a double) or a Mexican coin.

What's the best way to unload them, Feebay?

Yup, feebay is how I did it. I sold I lots of 3 (didn't have the patience to sell each individually). I would get somewhere between $15 to $25 for the set. Not bad for a $1.50 in halves. The British one pennies always did better than the 20 centavos. But the 20 centavos with a date did well too.

I still have some left, and have since found a few more. After a few auctions I made about $145 total.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sold about 8 S & S trick halves for $8-9 each. your latest is mega cool:icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter land ranger pro, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is awsome! I want one :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread