Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've been waiting patiently for a bag of halves to fill up,... FOR 4 YEARS!!! The first one two years ago got shipped out despite me diligently checking on it like it was a baby in a nursery every month having spent countless hours in the car and on the phone with them.

I was determined not to let that happen again. No way. Not this time. Over the two years this bag has eeked along while neighboring branches have gotten and given mountains of halves. We were at $200 and the head teller was determined I couldn't buy it until it was full. I was waiting until it got to $300 to make the final push. I made a big run and was informed for miles around that someone had cleaned out everything for miles. I was pretty sure they couldn't get to these. Not after spending 2 yrs working on this.
I go in looking for the head teller to find she has been promoted. Uh oh. I ask after halves and they tell me someone brought in $180 but they were bought the same day. This makes no sense. I am always told they have to unwrap them and run them through the machine and then at other branches they can give them out but at this branch they would stay in the infinite depths of the bag. Or they used to until the head teller switched recently. OK so I missed $180. So hows the bag? They tell me there are $390 on the counter but these counters are notoriously faulty so they must hand count them for me. OK lets do that. "Well we don't have enough time to do it right now since its so many coins. They look like theres some good stuff in there too. Why don't you come Weds?"
Of course just take off work and drive a hundred miles, no problem. So I phone a friend and line up someone local to pick up the coins.
I go leave them $400 of my CRH funds. Yea we're tight like that.
I call the branch this morning and they say they'll start on it right now. The phone rings in ten minutes and they tell me " theres only $15 dollars in the bag. You still want them? "
WTF WTF WTF ???? So several different people who have laid eyes on the contents of the bag tell me theres " too many to count right now,"
the old head teller obviously imagined seeing the bag filling to $200 in halves for TWO years and now they've mysteriously vanished? I've had this happen before and its the most frustrating part of the game. I am about ready to bring them a big bucket of rotten fish heads and ask them to put it in the machine. They're also telling me that they gave away $375 free dollars that were miscounted coins the machine thought were halves. Well guess whos now getting thousands in dumps? Thats right. I am going to dump on them so hard they will be buried in coins. I'll be laughing getting those free 50 cent credits for pennies from now on. Sorry had to vent I try to keep it positive but this is too much. I hope the guy ahead of me enjoyed the run its skunk dump city in that area from now on.

Upvote 0

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
OP, like you mentioned, dump as many halves on them as you can. I have noticed how when I will come to banks asking for halves, every bank has a teller who ironically had some but "gave them out to a customer earlier before you came in". I think that's just a lie tellers are using to discourage us. What are the odds it happens 70% of the time that they sold them the exact same day I come asking?
I could not tell you how many times I have heard "we just shipped them all out this morning" or "someone came in earlier and wiped us all out of halves"
Don't let it get to you. It's just part of the dance.

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Tellers buying up silver is a perk of their job if they are aloud to. Why get mad at them. If you worked in a bank you would do the same thing.
I've been doing this long enough to see tellers come and go. Many branches that had silver collecting tellers now don't and I find silver there.

OP
OP
T

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah the trend in my area is just the opposite. More silver bugs than ever.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread