Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ben: 6 silvers so far out of $300, good luck on the balance of the bag. Then too, whose to say that it WASN't a dump on the bulk of the bag. Let us know the final results.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Finished bag

16 40%
7 90%

4 Walkers
2 Franklins
1 Kennedy

ZwYK2qFh.jpg

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
And you thought that the balance was going to be someone's dump, surprise. Nice job & congrats on the full bag.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
on my wayto the astronomical observatory in RI I stopped at the other bank where I have been watching the half bag and it was at 923 havles so I bought itl they asked if I wanted any other bags I said not right nowo

I see at least 3 silver (40%?) in the bag looking at it.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
on my wayto the astronomical observatory in RI I stopped at the other bank where I have been watching the half bag and it was at 923 havles so I bought itl they asked if I wanted any other bags I said not right nowo

I see at least 3 silver (40%?) in the bag looking at it.

That's a great sign! Good luck with the new bag. Could you use the telescope to find us some bags down here?

When I started doing boxes last year after about a 50 year hiatus from rolls only, I took your advice and dumped at many branches of my credit unions. I filled one bag with $300 in halves and the teller changed the bag - for the first time since the branch opened 11 years earlier. I was so focused on dumping that I didn't ask about buying that bag.

I was up that way (95 to 495) for my Mom's funeral last month. I drink coffee when I drive long distances and between the coffee and being jostled by the horrid road conditions, had to keep an eye out for rest rooms. Going north on 95, first came the Rhode Island welcome center - porta potti, soon followed by the still boarded up MA welcome center. What a disgraceful welcome to a state! (you should see the first class welcome centers on 95 in MD) At least you have plenty of DD's for bathroom breaks - but they are not on the highway...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear about your Mom, we will say a prayer for her. My place is just north of the 95/495 junction, about 3 miles from Gillette Stadium (Patriots).

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Ben.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
finished the second bag, not as good as the first but still good

4 90% Kennedys, 6 40% including my first 1776-1976 S uncirculated 40%

xL2f1Kvh.jpg

gwIPISml.jpg

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
started on 1 of the 2 boxes I have to go through, no enders, halfway through and found two proofs, both of which I need for the Kennedy CRH album, a 2011 and a 1979 Clear S

uETBcxTh.jpg

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it does found a truckload of Silverware and pitchers and platters at get this an estate sale for 10 bucks

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Been a while since I did any CRHing, was in the hospital but out now. Just went through a box of halves I got back in late June.

Found 1 40% 1968 a 1981S proof and this Ellis Island proof in really nice shape

N3iaDACl.jpg

Pp1ZOoQl.jpg

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear you are out of the hospital and hope you are feeling better.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
making a deposit at the bank, my favorite teller told me he had 9 rolls of halves and had seen some silver in one of them so I got them all. Well 8 skunks but the 9th had 3 40% and a 2001S proof.
2 1967
1 1966
2001 S that I need for the collection It is virtually pristine!

Iyxpj1gh.jpg

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ben: looks like that proof just now came out of its plastic holder. Nice save from circulation.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
just got a bag of halves, it filled in 5 months which is a bad sign meaning a dumper. The manager said there were several people including a couple women who needed help using the machine.

So far when through about $60 worth and found a 1967, but in looking through the plastic I don't see any silver, means there won't be much. I will work it over the next week.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
have about $150 left to search, ran out of coffee cans until tomorrow but did a scan of the bag and don't "see" any silver. SO far only the 1 40% and a 2003S proof that I needed for the circulated book.

The bank manager said lots of people were putting in halves but I don't buy it, I think there was a large CRH dump and probably a few people doing some halves. but at least not a skunk. even if they fill it again in a couple months I will get it again because you never know...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread