Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree9Likes
  • 9 Post By fish on!

Thread: 2018 Totals and Long Time No See

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

May 2012
    In the bank
    406 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

2018 Totals and Long Time No See

Hi Everyone! I haven't stopped by in a while, but I started hunting again in early 2017. Things have changed in my neck of the woods quite a bit, so I started off slow in that year. By the end of 2017 I was back up to hunting close to 20 boxes a week. Silver finds were no where near as good as before when I did this, but I was finding enough silver to keep me interested. 2018 was the first full year I got back into hunting decent volume of halves. Unfortunately, the browser on my phone won't allow me to sign into this site, so my updates have been extremely sporadic. I thought it would be good to log in and share how my year wrapped up with all of you.

I searched roughly 20 boxes every week for the entirety of 2018. For most of the year I would search 24 boxes one week per month and 20 boxes a week the rest of the month. As usual, there would be some weeks that one bank or another would forget to order for me. I think my totals ended up pretty good:

Total silver found via rolls, teller trays, and coinstars: 297.0791 Troy ounces

I'll make a quick breakdown of US coins followed by the oddballs (This does not include the handful of Canadian silver coins which account for the discrepancy between the total and the breakdown):

Coinstar:
    90% Dimes: 9
    90% Quarters: 2

Register/Change Finds:
    90% Quarters: 2

Box Searching:

90% Dimes: 19
    40% Halves: 1163
    90% Halves: 336

Highlights:

This year was actually pretty good for abnormal finds in my boxes. I found my first ever 80% silver Canadian half in a box. I found my oldest CRH coin ever and first 92.5% Silver Half: 1876 Newfoundland Half. I found 62 Walkers, 3 modern silver proofs in rough shape, a 1923 S Monroe Adams Silver commemmorative half, 63 Franklins, 3x 1970D, a silver bicentennial, 2 40% silver proofs, 2 SMS 40%, and 2 1982 Washington Silver Commemmoratives.

All in all, I think that was a pretty damn good haul of rarer coins. I'm also overall pleased with how the year turned out, since there were at least 3 skunks streaks that each dragged on for 3-5 weeks. Luckily the end of the summer and then the end of the fall really turned on with some decent boxes. I forget what my highest number of enders and highest silver coin count per box was, but none of them broke my previous bests. Note: I have still never gotten a dream box. I think my best ever box was something like 83 silvers with 75% being 90% silver coins. I definitely didnt beat that this year, but had a handful of 20-30 silver boxes and may have had one with ~40 silvers, but I'm kind of guessing at this point. If anyone wants to see any of the coins let me know. I can probably dig them out and take some pictures. Thanks for reading and thank you all for continuing to contribute to this great site. Even though I rarely post this days, I still lurk quite a bit.

Dec 2014
    Far North Corner of CA
    AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
    974 times
    I'm learning
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Smokin'! Thanks for sharing your totals.
    An Ode
    To William Jefferson Clinton

He smoked but didn't inhale
    Poked, but didn't impale
    Made aware of the dress
    He was forced to confess
    A snail can't deny his own trail

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    20519 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Fantastic year, congratulations!

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links