2019: One Flew Over The CRHer's Nest

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a box of halves yesterday to kick off the new year, it was a pretty good one.

The box had two enders showing, and gave up five 90%ers and one 40%er:

1941S
1947D
1969D

one.jpg

two.jpg

Lovin' those beautiful ladies, what a great way to kick off 2019!

8-)

Upvote 0

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, a couple of Wenders is an awesome way to start the year! That '45 looks pretty 8-)

Now, if only every box in 2019 was this nice.....

dibdab

Jan 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boom, let the silver flow! Love walker enders.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great start in 2019! :occasion14:

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boom! Nice start and love the new thread name!

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, guys! Hope your boxes treat you all very well this year!

dibdab

Jan 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been out of the game since I moved 6 months ago. Still in sane fed district though. I need to start a new system from scratch. Can't let you guys get all if the silver hehe

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess great grandpa had saved them for decades then he kicked the bucket and great grandson needed more beer so he cashed in the stash for some spending money. Guess the liquor store would not take all the halves he had.

When I collected regularilly I always like to go to the Korean banks in my area. (There is a large Korean population in Orange county near los angeles.) I always did good with these banks. Lots of 90% & 40%. There was one spot that had four within a block. I asked a Korean buddy why I could always get a lot of halves from banks that had only Korean customers. They would tend to use even less than the average "white" bank customers. He said Koreans come over here and buy liquor stores in the ghettos then charge high prices. Most likely those halves were stolen and then spent on booze and cigs.

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up $400 in half dollars yesterday, was a mix of CWR and MWR.

The MWR were all blue Mint rolls, ten total; five rolls of 2002P and five rolls of 2002D.

The CWR gave up three 40%ers:

1968D
1969D

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a box of halves yesterday on my lunch break, it gave up a 90%er and a 40%er:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I broke down today and ordered a box. I was in my bank anyway and the teller that normally takes my orders cam up to say hi. Well I accidentally asked for her to order a box. (force of habit) Will be in next Friday. She brought up the subject of hoping not a loomis.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess great grandpa had saved them for decades then he kicked the bucket and great grandson needed more beer so he cashed in the stash for some spending money. Guess the liquor store would not take all the halves he had.

When I collected regularilly I always like to go to the Korean banks in my area. (There is a large Korean population in Orange county near los angeles.) I always did good with these banks. Lots of 90% & 40%. There was one spot that had four within a block. I asked a Korean buddy why I could always get a lot of halves from banks that had only Korean customers. They would tend to use even less than the average "white" bank customers. He said Koreans come over here and buy liquor stores in the ghettos then charge high prices. Most likely those halves were stolen and then spent on booze and cigs.

Very interesting observations! I started asking at my pickup banks for loose halves and CWRs. I haven't gotten any CWRs yet, but did get a few loose halves. The head teller told me she "only gets half dollars from the liquor stores".

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I broke down today and ordered a box. I was in my bank anyway and the teller that normally takes my orders cam up to say hi. Well I accidentally asked for her to order a box. (force of habit) Will be in next Friday. She brought up the subject of hoping not a loomis.
Loomis half dollar boxes are my favorite for silver!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loomis half dollar boxes are my favorite for silver!

I had 20 rolls of loomis halves, all 2017 BU. I cashed in at my local credit union. I put them on the counter and the teller said "what are these?"

She is in the money business. Granted not a lot of halves around here but still she didn't know what they were.

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a box of halves yesterday that turned out to be a pretty good one. The box gave up 14 keepers, six 90%ers and eight 40%ers:

1962D x 2
1964 x 3
1965 x 2
1967 x 5
1968D

one.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread