Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
got 4 boxes of halves, two different banks, 1st two were skunks. Loomis boxes.

3rd box is a non-Loomis box first one I have had in a long time, I went to a different bank for boxes 3 and 4, they gave me a non-Loomis and a Loomis, When I call on Monday I will order 2-4 boxes and ask if they can ask for courier for any of the smaller square non-Loomis boxes OR WHETHER I should just take what they get me...
Probably should just take what I can get this time and then if they are both the yellow Loomis boxes I will ask for the following week...

ANYHOW - hit it pretty good in the non-Loomis box

2018 P & D for my Dansco album
12 40%
1 1965
1 1966
5 1967
3 1968D
2 1969D

2 90%

2 1964

pEiCdftl.jpg

unkW7lzh.jpg

Upvote 0

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice start to the year Ben! Happy New Year! Those square boxes are the ones I get. (I don't ask for any particular style of box.) All but two of mine have been taped - but unlike your box, with only a single piece of 2" clear tape about 7-9" long to keep the box closed. I haven't seen one with as much tape as used on your box. Had the box been dropped and broken open, then taped like that to keep it together?

So far, 3 of my 4 boxes in 2019 have been skunks, and the 4th produced one 1964 and two 40%. Just walking past coinstars is producing more for me!

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
The manager at the bank apologized for dropping the box! Several of the rolls broke open, she taped them all back up.

Since last February I have probably found about 10 halves in rectangular boxes, really poor

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That makes sense. The boxes are deceptively heavy. I hate to see the tellers struggle to carry two boxes at a time and usually offer to go into the vault myself for them. So far, they only chuckle and have not taken me up on the offer. I also offer to change the bags in the coin machine at my dump banks; the manager said she is considering having a key made for me...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
One bank lets me into the vault to get the boxes, it is an older head teller, the younger stronger ones bring them out. Interesting seeing the stacks of bills!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread