Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I've found about a dozen. I remember the first one, it came from a drive-up teller. Asked for halves and she said she had one and handed me a mint state 70-d. The others came in all the usual ways, boxes, tellers, customer rolls. Seems like about one a year so they are pretty darn rare.

Maine_Jim

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found 4 70d and 2 70s. You can crunch the numbers all you want but I think being in the right place at the right time is just as important.

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I’ve found 2, 70D, and 1, 70S in the equivalent of about 170 boxes. I consider myself lucky.

Lookin' at your avatar and presuming you found all that yellow stuff sittin' there in your palm I consider yourself lucky too!!!

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But if you do, you have to oversensationalize it and add theatrics to it to get attention and views. Post a pic of yourself making an 'O' face, bugging your eyes out and looking at it on a table, and put all caps in the subject line.

Bravo.

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found 6 1970 'S' and 4 'D'
Also 5 each 1987 'P', 'D' and 'S'
Of course, it took searching over a quarter million dollars in halves over the years. Wish I could afford to get back into it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread