2019 Goal #1: Silver Ike. CHECK!

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up $500 in loose Ikes a few days ago, rubber-banded together in $100 lots:

one.jpg

Painstakingly went through them all for errors and varieties, $100 at a time. Nothing.

Last night I got to the last $100 lot, and found this in the last "roll":

two.jpg

three.jpg

And a rim shot next to a regular clad:

four.jpg

The sound is right, the weight is right...

MY FIRST SILVER IKE!

8-) 8-) 8-)

Upvote 0

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool find, still on my bucket list! I've searched thousands, in bags, singles, everywhere and never found one. I have found three Type II 1972 though, also tough!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I weigh all mine, but have yet to find one., soon I hope to find one. Congrats

CJ9

Dec 15, 2018
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
Great find - really cool. I got one in 2017 (will put up a pic tomorrow) from teller when i asked for halves. Teller said i have an ike and it was the 1971S non proof silver. At the time i was looking at ebay to buy one because i never thought i would find one. Now the question is how are you going to dump 499 ikes.

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what's the new goal for 2019? :laughing7: congrats!

Coincrazed

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
VERY nice find! One that has always eluded me. Now get out and find the elusive Morgan!!!

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Now the question is how are you going to dump 499 ikes.

They make great tips. Or just for the sake of comedy, spend them! Always fun to watch youngsters try to figure out if they're real!

Nice find! I got one last year, then lost it. Really my wife had "cleaned up" and "put it away" for me. Then I found it again. Kinda like ground hog day! Congrats on a good one!

CJ9

Dec 15, 2018
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
Good point. I have used them (and halves) as tips and ppl get a kick out of them as they have never seen them before. I only leave one at a time as a tip i feel if i tipped like 8 at once they wouldnt like it

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find - really cool. I got one in 2017 (will put up a pic tomorrow) from teller when i asked for halves. Teller said i have an ike and it was the 1971S non proof silver. At the time i was looking at ebay to buy one because i never thought i would find one. Now the question is how are you going to dump 499 ikes.

I got one of them there "unicorn" dump banks, they take EVERYTHING I throw at them.

Walked in with the $499 rubber-banded exactly like in that first pic in the OP, they so graciously opened up a new Coinlok bag and I threw them right in as is and they sealed it up and threw it on their cart for pick-up.

This dump bank gets a dozen cookies bi-weekly from me in return.

8-)

CJ9

Dec 15, 2018
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
You got a great dump setup. Nice work. Yes the key is to be very nice and "tip" the tellers. Works all the time.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Forget finding a Morgan or Peace, go for the big one, ASE. I venture that very few bank tellers know what an ASE is or looks like. I picked up one from a teller just like that, about 3-years ago.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. You must have made that teller happy. They hate Ikes. They hate $2 bills and the modern $1 coins too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions