PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it’s been illegal to wash money since 1986. So someone obviously didn’t want to take any chances of getting in trouble.

Not really. It's been illegal to launder money. :laughing7:

Washing coins is actually preferred and part of the process/requirement for sending in fountain coins or other contaminated coins.

Nov 22, 2018
PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be pissed too. It may not be the tellers fault exactly but they gave it to you and they are representing the bank to the public...who else would you ***** to? The CEO? I ***** out some poor smuck making 11/hr every time i call Comcast or T-mobile but its not their fault.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect the bank was the intended victim. Another nutjob with a beef against someone and too much of a coward to express himself in a normal civilized manner.

After this thread, I think I'll go back to wearing the nitrile gloves for CRH. I usually buy them in bulk for painting. For anyone else thinking the same, I have found the warehouse clubs to have the best price on these disposable gloves. And the nitrile hold up much better than latex.

OP
OP
Treasurehunter133

Treasurehunter133

Jan 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last thing in my mind was to take a picture of the feces encrusted cents and roll which smelled.

OP
OP
Treasurehunter133

Treasurehunter133

Jan 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I went back in she didn’t know what to do with them. I laid em on the counter with the rest of the box and I said give me my $25 back and you keep them. Thinking about it now there could’ve been more in the rolls. They handled it well gave me an apology and my $25.

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This sounds like you need to take your anger elsewhere. How would the teller know and that just the luck of the draw. Sometimes they are short. Sometimes they contain gems. Sometimes foreign coins. Sometimes you get more. Sometimes it's a silver dime in between and sometimes its feces. Calm down and stop feeling so entitled. The teller didnt do anything wrong. This is the luck of coin roll hunting.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heh... sounds like that roll was a real turd.

Gross... times ten.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
...uhhh.. Where,exactly, did you put that roll of pennies when you got it?:occasion18:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think you did anything wrong - but, notwithstanding that, don't be surprised if the bank re-assesses its coin policy. If you want to continue CRH, find another bank?

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You literally sh*t where you ate.

I know the poop on your hands sucked, but getting mad at the teller, demanding an apology, refund, etc. might mean no more coins for you.

The same reason you find good coins is the same reason you found poop. No one's checking them.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It must have been another CRH that knew you wee coming lol That doesn't even make sense That's pretty crappy I think the guys name was Ben Dover

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing I can think of is someone did it to win a bet.

If the roll had less than 50 cents in it, the depositor literally made the bank to pay for his $#!+

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
So that's what people are doing with their pennies these days. Not good for much else I guess.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a whole new meaning to crack error :dontknow:or a CUD lump :tongue3:. better to have gotten a "skunk" box--- smell woulda been better :laughing9: the bank may tell you to SCAT... next visit:BangHead:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A teller told me once an angry customer put a fish in their safety deposit box lol

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It must have been another CRH that knew you wee coming lol That doesn't even make sense That's pretty crappy I think the guys name was Ben Dover

This actually kind of makes a lot of sense. Another CRH getting upset about competition and skunk boxes. They probably figured the only one handling/using these halves would other CRH's. Who's going to go back to get more rolls at that bank if you have to worry about more of the same?

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This actually kind of makes a lot of sense. Another CRH getting upset about competition and skunk boxes. They probably figured the only one handling/using these halves would other CRH's. Who's going to go back to get more rolls at that bank if you have to worry about more of the same?

They weren't halves Pete, they were cent rolls.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread