1982 penny

Mormoney

Jan 19, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok now I've done went to so many different banks in the last month and bought boxes of Penny's,and hoping to find that one penny that will pay off now this penny here weight 3.1 grams but is it a small date or large date penny. 1549546906960-1942633496.jpg

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a small date cent, but that coin appears to be plated to me. This isn't a get rich quickly hobby. I feel like you may have been watching YouTube videos with promises of wealth. The 1982 D small date copper is one everyone asks about. What the videos don't tell you is only one has been found! Stop watching YouTube and you'll learn alot!

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a small date cent, but that coin appears to be plated to me. This isn't a get rich quickly hobby. I feel like you may have been watching YouTube videos with promises of wealth. The 1982 D small date copper is one everyone asks about. What the videos don't tell you is only one has been found! Stop watching YouTube and you'll learn alot!

well said sir!!

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears to be a small date to me, but the best way to be sure is take it to a coin dealer and have it checked.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Get a few guidebooks, including a cherrypickers guide. Visit Wexlers at doubleddie.com. Ignore YouTube.

If you happen to get serious about coins, I have a few tips that could be helpful.

Time for more coffee.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Another sure way is to find several and line them up next to each other, then you will be able to tell very easily between large & small dates. This one is a small date.

OP
OP
M

Mormoney

Jan 19, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well thanks for the info and yes I'd like to here some good tips if any one has any

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely a small date.

Can you add an image of it sitting on a scale to determine the weight?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread