Found three this weekend!

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I had about $400 worth of boxes that I opened this weekend that were just sitting on the basement floor, probably another $300 filling up a Lowe’s bucket and 10 gallon waste basket that I use to stash the opened cents in. Anyway, between yesterday and today I ran them all through the reydale, wound up finding these three IH cents, as well as a bunch of other stuff I haven’t gone through yet. 1887 1889 1893 are the years, the 1887 is in pretty awful shape, but I certainly wasn’t expecting to find all of these in one shot, so I can’t complain! Found one yesterday and two this afternoon.

I have found 4 IH cents since I started hunting again back in November 2018. I’m an accountant, so the last thing I want to do is keep spreadsheets for my hobby, but I would estimate I’ve searched $1500-$2000 since I started back up. I was very heavy into cents back in 2013-2015, I easily searched over $10k during that couple of year stretch. I moved away for a while, then got back to my home town and took a while to get settled back into a normal routine, and now I’m a junkie again, anyway, enjoy the pics.

Ps I’m sure this goes without saying, but if you’re using a reydale to run cents, PLEASE stand over your reject box with an LED flash light, I’ve saved several hundred wheats, and these three plus several other IH from being dumped back into circulation by doing so.

Enjoy the hunt all

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1549834253.844397.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1549834284.306700.jpg

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I was going to buy a Ryedale back around 2008, when copper prices were very very high, then got into CRH silver, but still hoard by hand any coppers I find from boxes or bags. Searching a box/bag of cents is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you will find.

OP
OP
U

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
True story. Since I’ve started back up I’ve been doing primarily pennies, and then halves, I’ve done a couple
Of boxes of dimes and found a Merc and a Rosie. The half boxes have been a little weak, I do them with my kids, who get a kick out of helping open them up and when we actually find something, we do 2 boxes a week, found 3 40% Friday, 1 40% last night, and 4 40% a couple of weeks before. I found almost a full roll of franklins back in November, which is when the addiction started back up. Overall I really just enjoy doing cents the most, like you said you never know what you’re going to find

OP
OP
U

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Haha. Thank you. I’m with you rosco, LOVE hunting cents. I had told myself the first go around that I was going to quit after I found a flying eagle in a bank box, but I don’t know that I would quit if I did.

I just dragged my huge box of coins out of the closet and pulled out all of my CRH finds from my first go around, basically before my son was born, I’ll have to take some pics and post them. I’ve actually found more silver halves in the last three months than I did over the course of a year and a half from back a few years ago.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice, congrats! :occasion14:

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Uncleslick18: I highly doubt if you will EVER find a flying eagle cent in the wild bank box. Maybe either MD, or someone's personal collection. So, it looks like you will NOT BE QUITING for a long long time. I don't ever recall anyone here on TN that found a flying eagle in the wild.

OP
OP
U

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh I don’t ever expect to, thus my ultimatum ;-)

I just enjoy seeing what pops up. I just pulled out all of my CRH finds last night, when I get some spare time I’m going to take some pics and post them up

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread