NEED some advice...

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
So, this bucket is completely full of CAD copper pennies. They are not sorted by date. These are all from the first ā€˜legā€™ of my CRH ā€˜careerā€™ which went from about 2011-2012, to Jan of 2015, which was when my son was born, and then a month later we moved out of state. Weā€™re back in our home town now, for about a year and a half, and I just picked up running the reydale again in November.

So anyway, what I need help on is, Iā€™m going to sell these, should I go and sort them out into the year ranges that they differ in weight per coin, or since they are all 98% CU, should I just figure out what I want to get for a given weight and just sell them that way.

I really donā€™t want to go through the brain damage of sorting that entire bucket by date checking each coin, but if there is some significant benefit
That I am not thinking of in doing so, thatā€™s what Iā€™m looking for feedback on.

I obviously already sorted all the king George cents out prior to stashing them in the bucket. What does everyone think?? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1550439098.625311.jpg

Upvote 0

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vast amount of Canada copper errors. I just listed 19 rolls of QE-II's plus 2/3 of a roll of KG-VI's. remember '96 was last year before the clads, and yes weights are not the same for '53 to '96. Canucks worth more that Wheats and some errors are quite high value. KG-V's can also be $$$$$$:happysmiley:

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Copper go for about 1.5c - 1.8c on Ebay.

PEA might have a better idea if offering yours for $4 per hundred might work since he has online experience.

Market them as unsearched mixed copper cents and see where the responses take you. People won't believe they are unsearched but just mention where these were found and these are a by product of searching for the Canadian cents.

"I really donā€™t want to go through the brain damage of sorting that entire bucket by date checking each coin" This is an honest statement that will help convince people you haven't searched them.
Elaborate as much as you can in the description.

Good Luck.

Last edited:

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all my Can coins are un-searched-- too busy with US coins. sold some lots of Can's for profit. sold some KG-V's with errors I got from my LCS. we do a 50/50 split since his clients rarely ask for errors. mixed lots do sell--- remember to weed out the green rotten junk. avoid sales to Canada--- the fees for customs, etc will be YUGE:BangHead:

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried having the Ryedale further sort them?
Or, are they already all matching as far as the Ryedale is concerned?

OP
OP
U

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey port, I donā€™t want to encroach on your cad cent sales, but if you wouldnā€™t mind telling me more about what you do, that would be awesome. Iā€™d really love to get rid of that bucket full. Haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread