Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit the town last week to make the rounds. Boxes have been very disappointing. I am noticing lots of skunky unsearched boxes floating around. I dumped one of my pickup banks after the only coin I got this month was a 1805 East India trading token copper coin. It has faint Lions and pillars on there. After over a dozen banks I finally found $70 1/2 dollar cwrs and opened the first roll and it was loaded! Second one loaded! 3-7 skunky. Oh well. Also found a lone roll with the second smaller handful. They all appear to be 40% .It was some nice sweetness for Valentine's day. I saw the smarter patrons/ hunters had loaded up the tellers with chocolate, donuts etc. I've been slacking but it looks like I'll have to do something nice for them now. Dimes and nickels continue to be skunky and I found nothing.
The week before I got one 1917 Merc, a couple roosies, war nickel and Buffalo. I went back for the box where I got the buffalo and they were out of MWR nickels but loaded with CWRs. I guess I wasn't the only person who discovered they had good rolls.... I wonder. I could have just bought the next random box they had but I decided I'd wait til they open it and get a few. I was starting to irritate them not wanting CWRS when that's my usual routine so I dropped it and walked.
Friday I took my date interstate CRHing and I think she actually loved it. It was the best date I've been on in recent memory. She was interested and helpful and caught on really fast. We didn't find a darn thing but had time to talk and laugh. we went to a burlesque show and had a wild time in the hotel until the early hours. I am still glowing from it lol. My ex hated anything that detracted my attention from her so this is a breath of fresh air for me. She said she's game to try the metal detector so I may be creating a love monster lol!

Attachments

• IMG_20190214_145209590.jpg
    IMG_20190214_145209590.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_20190214_155755714.jpg
    IMG_20190214_155755714.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 97
Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Congrats on the sweet cull of silver. You need to stack the odds in your favor when getting the significant other interested in your hobbies. Next time you are on a CRH'ing road trip date stash a few rolls salted with silver. When you get back to the car, be sure the salted rolls are ones she'll "discover". Also, if you are taking her MD'ing, salt an area ahead of time so she has "beginner's luck".

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the sweet cull of silver. You need to stack the odds in your favor when getting the significant other interested in your hobbies. Next time you are on a CRH'ing road trip date stash a few rolls salted with silver. When you get back to the car, be sure the salted rolls are ones she'll "discover". Also, if you are taking her MD'ing, salt an area ahead of time so she has "beginner's luck".

I agree with Diver. When I get a box of halves with some enders, I always invite the wife to search them with me. The whole time I'm praying that she finds the most silver. One time we were enjoying a great silver streak and the best we (me) had found was 5 in a roll. She proceeded to say she wanted to find a roll with 6. At the very end, she had two rolls left when I had finished my last one so she gave me her last roll. Sure enough, it was a 6-banger! I never lived that down, lol. The same thing when we go fly fishing, I always hope she catches the biggest trout. It makes for a more memorable trip!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
TxAg: you are SO LUCKY to have a wife that enjoys CRH, just wish my wife showed just a 1% interest in my hobby. Keep her hunting in the meantime since her numbers are higher. Congrats on all your finds, past present & future.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread