Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two weeks ago, I picked up 3 boxes of halves at my more distant pick-up branch. Expecting nothing, I asked "Do you have any loose halves or large dollars?" She said yes, she had 18 halves and would I like to look through them and started to spread them on the counter. I saw silver and said, oh, I'll take them all! Of the 18 coins, 16 turned out to be 40% halves: 1- 1965, 2- 1967, 11 - 1968D and 2 - 1969D. The remaining 2 clad were 1971.

IMG_0997.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Megalodon

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 3 boxes turned out to be all unc 1994-P. I went back last week, picked up more boxes that again turned out to be all 94-P and again asked for halves and large dollars. The teller chuckled and said - "Meet your competition - he's right here behind you in line". I said hello and he said he got two 1964 halves two weeks ago. So he apparently went through a roll and picked out the 90% halves and left all the rest. That's why there were 18 for me to buy.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hopefully not the last.

OP
OP
Megalodon

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I assume you didn’t educate him? Better find out where he dumps!

I kept my big mouth shut (for once?) and said nothing about all the 40% halves. I doubt he does CRH - most if not all CRH'ers IMO know about 40% halves. And the teller told me she orders halves for me only - so doubt he dumps coins.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice finds, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread