Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
submitted to cudsoncoins.com and notified my CUD buyers--- one Zincoln that will pay for the whole box--- still some rolls left unplundered--:dontknow:____________________then it's on to the $700 bag of laundromat qtrs.... work work work--- livin' the dream in NY--- gots ta pay da bills:BangHead:
IMG_8824.JPG
IMG_8822.JPG
IMG_8823.JPG

Upvote 0

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice cud on a good looking coin!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice cud penny!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find, congrats! :occasion14:

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll bet that there's NOT A ONE silver in those laundry quarters. I've done the same here twice, but I think the owner of the laundromat also pulled the silver. Good luck, let us know the result on the qtrs.

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bet that there's NOT A ONE silver in those laundry quarters. I've done the same here twice, but I think the owner of the laundromat also pulled the silver. Good luck, let us know the result on the qtrs.

you were correct ------- there were 2 silvers--'54-D &'63 IMG_8869.JPG IMG_8871.JPG

the CUD Cent was listed at auction for $20----------------
just sold for $29.99 to a major player in the CUD market

Last edited:

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other

A cud is a variation of a die defect in which the coin bears a raised portion of metal. Unlike a die crack, this unintentional "bump" in the coin is caused by a dent or gouge in the die, therefore allowing the coin to fill into the gap during the minting process.

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CUDS are a die that break at the edge. they can be on rim only-- a rim cud, or, enter the field--- that's just a CUD. with a missing piece of the die , the area of the planchet at the break is not hit by the die--- leaving the coin with a lump much like a blob of solder. interior die breaks, die chips and die dents--- are not CUDS

the value in errors exists because:
much as they try, the gubbment can't ALWAYS do everything right:laughing9::happysmiley::icon_biggrin::laughing3::protest:

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A cud is a variation of a die defect in which the coin bears a raised portion of metal. Unlike a die crack, this unintentional "bump" in the coin is caused by a dent or gouge in the die, therefore allowing the coin to fill into the gap during the minting process.

I can't believe you're making money off something you don't even know the cause.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread