The end of CRH?

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I was very sad to see this on the doors of one of my best banks today. There are 8 branches in my hunting area. This is also the bank that I scored 10 SOLID rolls of 90% halves last year.
20190228_103015.jpeg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
silveraddict

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you saying that there are no tellars who can order coins for you - or sell you rolls ?
They can still order boxes for me. But they will not have CRW as all coins that come in go into their machine and they have no access to it.

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like my dump bank. I don’t pickup from them but I do know that all the coins that come into them (including my dumps) go straight into the coin machine. Maybe you could make this your dump bank?

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They can still order boxes for me. But they will not have CRW as all coins that come in go into their machine and they have no access to it.

My credit unions direct customers with CWRs to their coin machines. That is why the trash can beside the machine is always full of coin wrappers. The bank almost certainly has access to the coin machine since bags need to be removed often - every day at some places. It usually falls to a teller to remove bags. Whether or not they choose to sell you the bags is a matter of that bank's policy. Some posters here buy bags right out of the coin machines, especially dimes.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in my town -------- only bags being sold are weed and crack:BangHead::BangHead:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in my town -------- only bags being sold are weed and crack:BangHead::BangHead:

Wonder if they use the coin machines? My tellers say live ammunition (usually .22s) is the most common source of jams in the coin machines.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frightening. They have these " cashless" banks at some supermarkets in my area. I think I'll light them up in the reviews as "false advertising" .

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonder if they use the coin machines? My tellers say live ammunition (usually .22s) is the most common source of jams in the coin machines.
Those are rim fire bullets what if one gets jammed in just the wrong way? It might go off!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first saw your window sign I thought the bank was closing it’s doors and telling the customers their money is safe. Our local Bank of America did that three years ago. They just decided to get out of our county.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are rim fire bullets what if one gets jammed in just the wrong way? It might go off!

I asked if they have ever had one fire in the coin machine and was told no - but the tellers clearly don't like it and they find ammo often. I would also think rimfires could be more likely to go off than the center fire ammunition. If it happens, and if someone gets hurt, that may end those coin machines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread