Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree12Likes
  • 4 Post By Uncleslick18
  • 1 Post By ArkieBassMan
  • 2 Post By Uncleslick18
  • 2 Post By ArkieBassMan
  • 3 Post By Megalodon

Thread: Finally had a DECENT week

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2011
    110 times
    Coin Roll Hunting

Finally had a DECENT week

I normally do 2 boxes of halves, a couple of weeks a month. I have two different banks that will order boxes for me but Iíve been underwhelmed thus far with my results. Started back in November at this pace, Iíve found maybe 12-14 40%ers in total since then.

Iíve had a couple 3- 40%er weeks, this week has been my best so far, 3-40s and 1-1964

Still not sure whether Iím going to stop hunting halves or not, probably not because Iím like a junkie with them, but it is awfully frustrating getting skunked..

Anyhow, good luck this week everyone!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1551473909.274891.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	1686007
    Rosco53, TxAg, Johncoho and 1 others like this.

us
    Dec 2009
    AR
    Minelab E-Trac
    1017 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Your results are awfully similar to mine. I searched 2-4 boxes of halves weekly for a little over 2 years. 75%+ of my boxes were total skunks. Over 90% of the boxes that contained silver held a lone 40%er. But, I averaged a bit over 1 silver per box over the 300+ boxes as a few times I pulled over 10 silvers from a box, the most being 38 40%ers. That's how it is with halves for most of us. Pretty slim pickin's with the very rare good box.

In the end, it wasn't worth it to me with the hassle of dumping plus the plummeting silver prices. Its cheaper to just have the silver shipped to my door, but certainly not as fun.
    bertmaster2000 likes this.

us
    Oct 2011
    110 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Thatís the only reason I still do it. I used to be a big sports card collector. Itís like finding something good in a pack of cards, except you get your money back for the crap you donít want! Haha. Anyway, itís exciting finding silver in rolls, thatís what keeps me ordering them. Good luck to you Arkie
    Zomotion and ArkieBassMan like this.

us
    Dec 2009
    AR
    Minelab E-Trac
    1017 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncleslick18 View Post
    Thatís the only reason I still do it. I used to be a big sports card collector. Itís like finding something good in a pack of cards, except you get your money back for the crap you donít want! Haha. Anyway, itís exciting finding silver in rolls, thatís what keeps me ordering them. Good luck to you Arkie
    I too was a big baseball card collector in the early 1980's, but was not smart enough to see the big crash in the market coming. I thought I would get a nice little retirement bonus off my collection that I now would have some difficulty giving away. As a kid it was very difficult to not sell for the thousands of dollars my collection would have brought in the mid-to-late 1980's. That was my first lesson in that the value of collectibles does not necessarily continue to go up over time. You would have thought I would have taken that knowledge and sold all of my silver when it got into the high $40's.
    Megalodon and fistfulladirt like this.

us
    May 2018
    Maryland
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    934 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkieBassMan View Post
    I too was a big baseball card collector in the early 1980's, but was not smart enough to see the big crash in the market coming. I thought I would get a nice little retirement bonus off my collection that I now would have some difficulty giving away. As a kid it was very difficult to not sell for the thousands of dollars my collection would have brought in the mid-to-late 1980's. That was my first lesson in that the value of collectibles does not necessarily continue to go up over time. You would have thought I would have taken that knowledge and sold all of my silver when it got into the high $40's.
    There is some research into the psychology of investment decisions that have shown how people almost never buy in big corrections or sell after big gains. When my son asked my opinion about a mutual fund he was buying, my response was "great fund, but the only reason to buy now at its peak is if you will buy more in the next correction". It dropped significantly in December and it was (to me) an obvious time to load up, but normal behavior is to think every dropping asset will continue to fall and a rising one will continue to rise.

Always do right; this will gratify some and astonish the rest.
    - Mark Twain

Running 2019 CRH: Boxes of halves searched: 43; dimes: 2
    Total skunk boxes: 28 halves, 2 dimes
    90% halves from boxes: 29
    40% halves from boxes: 93
    Silver halves from teller trays: 16 - 40% halves
    Coinstar silver: 3 quarters, 1 dime

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    AT MAX
    20377 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Good job thats a good haul
    Still Available ​Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

us
    Oct 2011
    110 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Arkie - I was just complaining to the wife this weekend that I wish I had been smart enough 10-15 years ago to spend the money I spent on sports cards on CRH instead

Mega- I remember the time that I bought the most silver was when it was in the high 30ís - my timing always sucks

A2- thanks. Got two more boxes for Friday, hopefully Iíll find some
    More

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links