Dime results - Feb

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A good month, but from a lot of boxes however.
Searched 80-boxes ( 23-skunks 29%), pulled 116-silvers, as: 104-Rosies, 12-mercs, also 1-Can. Avg/box @ 1.45, for 8.39 oz AG
I was really surprised to catch so many mercs, sometimes only 1 per month, no real rare ones, mostly 30-40's. All to add to this years stack. I really think, that with all of us combined, we are draining the market of our own AG interest.

Upvote 0

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool month Dozer.

In regards to draining the supply, I wonder how many of us explain to our families that if something happens to us, heaven forbid, that they are not to run the coins down to the nearest bank and cash them in. I'm thinking of all of those that put silver away back in the 60's only to be passing now and their heirs just run the coins to the bank.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You did very well, congrats! :occasion14:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dozer - You deserve every one of those silver dimes - you worked for them. I recently got two boxes of dimes after a stinky skunk streak of halves and didn't consider how much more difficult it is to handle such small coins with large hands/fingers. I dropped so many, I was laughing at my own clumsiness. So I'm back to the skunky boxes of halves - those are sized better for my finger size.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moving all those boxes must be keeping you in good shape. I go through 1-2 boxes worth of CWRs a week and that keeps me super busy. I am trying to phase out dimes because I am down to 1.2 ish per $250 and those numbers don't inspire me to keep it up. I recently got a Merc from the only 2 rolls of CWRs at one branch and 1 Merc from 5 rolls of MWRs at another. Go figure, less is more for me these days. I do want to go back for the rest of the MWR box before it goes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread