Didnt open a roll. Didnt open a box. Opened the door and look what I got!!!

Rosco Bookbinder

May 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250. Are there others?
Didn't open a roll. Didn't open a box. Opened the door and look what I got!!!

In early August I happened upon a bank that had a box of halves. I bought it and thought that was it. When I went back a couple weeks ago I was told they have EIGHT more in the vault. A guy had ordered them and never picked them up THREE YEARS AGO!!!. I started buying them. Today I went in and got the last two. The teller says........"And I have something for you too"........HUH?? ehehe. So I get the boxes and she says these are for you. See picture below....Seems someone had come in with a few rolls to turn in. This lady and the other teller always go through them. She thought of me when she found 4 40's and a 90. She bought them and kept then in her drawer until I came in today. She was so glad to get rid of those boxes of halves!!! Wonder if I should open an account there? :D

See my next post for the results of the two last boxes. It was a good day for sure!!

Attachments

• from_the_teller.JPG
    from_the_teller.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 536
Upvote 0

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Didn't open a roll. Didn't open a box. Opened the door and look what I got

Marry her ! :D

Seriously, flowers, candy, etc would be in order. I wouldn't think you'd have to open up an account there; seeing how they already treat you this well.

Nice begets nice.

Kudos !

OP
OP
Rosco Bookbinder

Rosco Bookbinder

May 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Re: Didn't open a roll. Didn't open a box. Opened the door and look what I got

thurmownator said:
Marry her ! :D
Seriously, flowers, candy, etc would be in order. I wouldn't think you'd have to open up an account there; seeing how they already treat you this well.
Nice begets nice.
Kudos !

Point taken but I have three other regular banks I deal with (I have accounts at all of them) that I have tellers to take care of. It was a fantastic thing this teller did for me but she said it more than once......"We are so glad to get rid of those boxes".......She felt the treat was on me.....ehehe.

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Re: Didn't open a roll. Didn't open a box. Opened the door and look what I got!!!

You treat them good and they treat you good. I had a teller throw me 2 -64's one day out of her personal stash. Then yesterday a bank I helped called with $340. They save all there halves for me. I hooked up my 2 girls at my 2 box's a week bank with a walker each. they are young and didn't even know they were halves....LOL

OP
OP
Rosco Bookbinder

Rosco Bookbinder

May 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Re: Didn't open a roll. Didn't open a box. Opened the door and look what I got!!!

awhitster said:
I hooked up my 2 girls at my 2 box's a week bank with a walker each. they are young and didn't even know they were halves....LOL

They will probably give them to their boy friends and say......"Look what that nice old man gave me at the bank today".......ehehehe......

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course

Rosco Bookbinder said:
awhitster said:
I hooked up my 2 girls at my 2 box's a week bank with a walker each. they are young and didn't even know they were halves....LOL

They will probably give them to their boy friends and say......"Look what that nice old man gave me at the bank today".......ehehehe......
...so you mean give them back to me.............LOL

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!

Rosco,

Stop withteh buts in this case.

<<Point taken but I have three other regular banks I deal with (I have accounts at all of them) that I have tellers to take care of. It was a fantastic thing this teller did for me but >>

Shoot man, REGARDLESS of HOW many banks you deal with, THIS teller found SILVER and then SAVED them for YOU.

She deserves a little something for the effort. Or next time, there won't be any extra boxes that need taken, and she won't save them for YOU.

YOu did real well with her, and you shuld treat this as something worthy of a little gift, no matter how many "other" people you have at other banks.

IMHO

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007

:o The silver gods have smiled upon you. And what a nice teller!

OP
OP
Rosco Bookbinder

Rosco Bookbinder

May 26, 2007
Detector(s) used

It was a very nice thing that teller did for me. I have "treated" tellers in my other banks for what they have done (bens, walkers, starbucks cards). This teller was more than happy that I took all the halves. I even told her what the ones she saved for me were worth but she didn't want to hassle with that part. She just knew what I was looking for. The strangest thing about all of this is I am the FIRST person to have walked into that bank asking for halves. 9 boxes sitting in a vault for three years is very strange for sure. The guy that ordered them must have been roll hunting but why he never came back who knows. Maybe he died?? Maybe he forgot?? Who cares......ehhehe.

Next time I am way out there in the valley I will stop in with something for her. She does deserve it for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread